All of Now

Old 09-20-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

All of Now

I read these every day and thought I'd share them with you. Somehow they just brighten my morning.

All of Now

The bright sun shines in the clear blue sky. Shimmering waves glisten on a restless sea.

Beauty fills the world. Possibility fills your life.

The problems are real. Yet in each one is the opportunity to move forward.

This sparkling moment is one of a kind. Take it in with love and with gratitude, and remember to live it fully.

This magical mystery that is your life knows only the limits you choose to give it. In the heart of your spirit you can experience anything you decide to experience.

Life is in all of now. See it, feel it and know it as it fills you with wonder and joy.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 09-20-2008, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The problems are real. Yet in each one is the opportunity to move forward.

This sparkling moment is one of a kind. Take it in with love and with gratitude, and remember to live it fully.
Recovery has taught me that even the bad days bring their own gift. There is a lesson, sometimes, that I need to learn. Sometimes it means a detour and leads me to a better path. Sometime it makes me stop in my tracks, take pause and think of where I want to go. All gifts, all God's way of leading me if I allow myself to be led.

Hindsight has shown me that I have nothing to fear. There is nothing to lose in letting ourselves be guided.

If I am right with myself, if I have inner peace, then everything else is just "stuff".

Hugs
Old 09-20-2008, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

yes, and yes

thank you for sharing this, Ann

Old 09-20-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Smile

Thanks Ann, I am just beginning to understand all you are saying, I used to think I should not have any problems in order to be happy, and was always trying to fix everything.. But know I am realizing I can have peace and enjoy each day no matter what is happening around me ...Thank God!!!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

SerenityGirl, that's one important lesson you have learned, it's the very core of this program.

We CAN be happy and have inner peace, no matter how the rest of the world is doing.

I know that if I can do it, any one of you can do it. And what a gift the first time we realize that we "get it".

Hugs
Old 09-20-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

I am grateful for many things in my life but I am *most* grateful, that it turns out, that, we do have a 'choice', we get to choose, every moment of every single day....how we experience our inner and outer world....and we are so loved in spite of all that we are and all that we are not and whatever we do choose........color me... grateful to be...

Last edited by grateful2b; 09-20-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Recovery has taught me that even the bad days bring their own gift. There is a lesson, sometimes, that I need to learn. Sometimes it means a detour and leads me to a better path. Sometime it makes me stop in my tracks, take pause and think of where I want to go. All gifts, all God's way of leading me if I allow myself to be led.

Hindsight has shown me that I have nothing to fear. There is nothing to lose in letting ourselves be guided.

If I am right with myself, if I have inner peace, then everything else is just "stuff".

Hugs
I like that saying that God/Higher Power does not yell at you but he will whisper to you, it is up to you whether or not you to hear the message.

I think often times he whispers to us in the midst of our 'problems'.

That inner peace thing is so true, I recently had a problem, the same thing that I used to have years ago happen, and it also ended up putting me into
a big mess, I would freak out, stress. But not this time, this time, I was excited.
When I called my parents and told them, I said Isn't that exciting?!?
They were like, Uh No... With the holidays coming up ånd everything, no.
This is not good. I'm like NO, it's å good thing, It's going to be fine! Watch!

And of course, I made it work out for the best this time....
I loved watching my parents this time, I've never been able to handle things
(problems) like I do now.. *Nods*
they aren't sure what to make of it... ha ha
Old 10-04-2008, 08:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just found my way back, computer problems.....
Old 10-04-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks, Ann. I love this way this acknolwedges that the problems are real BUT... - we don't need to deny reality in order to grow. good stuff.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I was just checking out the 12 step Codependency Steps, I do belong to AA and have gone to Alanon. But there doesn't seem to be Any Codependency meetings. I am sure this forum will be very helpful with that. My main struggle is codependency at this time in my life...my son has a serious drinking problem. I have put him in God's hands and trusting him. also slowly learning I am not responsible for others happiness.