Administrator

Whiners Anonymous Part 13

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-12-a.html
Old 09-19-2008, 10:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

Hello whiners. Some of the benefits of the program:
WA promotes kindness, empathy for fellow sufferers and builds bonds of friendship.
Many of us who were formerly ambivilent, mean or callous towards others have grown to appreciate and care about the problems of others, thus taking the focus off ourselves. This is how we learn to let go of our own problems as we share in the misfortunes of fellow WA members we find greater meaning in our own whining. (page 62 Whiner's Anonymous; How It Works. Approved by World Service W.A. Conference Groups)
Old 09-19-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Bwaaaaaa!!! I was feeling so comfortable. Now, I have to snuggle in, and start all over!?! Is this where I come to whine!?! I hope I'm not lost!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't cope well with change.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Me neither, dancinggirl...I'm an alcoholic, after all.

Just a gentle reminder to all Old Whiners and any New Whiners who may stumble in here (by mistake or otherwise).

12 Promises of WA

If we are painstaking about developing our whining techniques, we will be amazed at how proficient we become at expressing our dissatisfaction with people, places, and things that irk us.

1. We are going to know a new freedom of expression.

2. We will realize it's phony to pretend happiness when we just aren't feeling it.

3. We will not regret our whines nor wish to deny their validity.

4. We will comprehend the word serenity and we will know the peace of unburdening ourselves by sharing our whines at WA.

5. No matter how far down in the dumps we feel, we will see how our experience can benefit our fellow whiners.

6. That Pollyanna feeling of "la-dee-da, la-dee-da" will disappear.

7. We will set our own whines aside as we realize someone else's whine may be more deserving of our emotional support .

8. Self-centeredness will not be as prevalent, as we share and compare whining.

9. Our whole attitude and outlook upon ordinary blahs in general, and whining in particular will take on a new meaning.

10. Fear of being recognized and/or ostracized as a Chronic Whiner will leave us.

11. We will intuitively know that healthy whining is not to be stifled, but shared with others like ourselves.

12. We will suddenly realize that sharing a good whine can be very cathartic and we no longer need to whine alone.

Are these unreasonable promises? We think not. Whining has become our way of dealing with adversities--sometimes major, sometimes petty--and knowing our whines will not go unnoticed will work towards reducing the tensions produced by life's little speedbumps.

This thread is neither endorsed nor opposed by Sober Recovery. Any opinions expressed here are those of Whiners Anonymous members, and not, necessarily, those of S.R. as a whole.

Last edited by Jersey Nonny; 09-19-2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Old 09-19-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

whiners annonymous .......

Old 09-19-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My Whine du Jour:

The State of New Jersey invested so many millions of dollars in Lehman (one of the recently collapsed investment houses), state employees are worried the pensions may be in jeopardy. My sister and I are both in the Public Employees Retirement System!

My niece said, "Now, you'll know what the 401K people feel everytime our holdings are threatened." I told her that's why none of us ever took out 401K plans, because we thought we were protected! Just shows to go ya!

Niece said my sister (her Mom) is concerned because, if she loses her pension, where will she and our mother go!?! I told my niece, "Well, you can always empty out your guest house, and the three of us can move in there." That gave her something to think about!
Old 09-19-2008, 11:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

My whine is that I can't keep up with everyone's whines.

My whine- Cold (cold here in NY) which sucks; I'm tired; PMSing, just miserable today.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
That's how I felt earlier..and was feeling guilty 'till I saw this.

How refreshing! After all..it is a program of honesty..
Old 09-19-2008, 01:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Jerz...California is in the same (worse) mess. Poor Arnie. I think he'd like to

go away and (not) be back!
Old 09-19-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Sick of being sick!!! Don't know what's going on now but have felt like crap since having a second cup of coffee today. Have been feeling sick at my stomach for hours now and freezing too. Have changed clothes three times today, when too cold, then too hot, then too cold again.

Dogs are home from the vet. Diabetic dog is really mad at me cause not only did they clean his teeth, but pulled three bad ones as well. Plus surgery on his right upper eyelid to remove a 'bump' which was always irritating that eye. So he's got three less teeth and an eyelid that hurts and has to wear that damn E collar for two weeks. I have to block off the stairs so he won't fall down them. So he can't wash himself for two weeks, has to be led up and down the stairs while wearing that damn E collar, and is in pain over the tooth pullings and eyelid surgery.... if he thinks HE'S in pain, he didn't get the bill for all this stuff. Total bill for both dogs was over $900!!! But I'm having help paying it so can't complain, and am glad the bad teeth were pulled and the others were cleaned. I don't want my dogs to get sick and die from an infection caused by dirty teeth.

Also got two doggie toothbrushes and doggie toothpaste and will really p!ss them off when brushing their teeth twice a day!

Still feel quite sick and have no idea why. Haven't been able to eat cause of feeling so nauseated, but am feeling dizzy from not eating... go figure.
Will try some chicken soup and hope it doesn't make me feel any sicker.

Well, that's my whine for this afternoon. I'm done now... next!
Old 09-19-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am tired of surviving. I hurt and it's too hard.

I got a pretty bad evaluation from something in school. Blahblahblah. I hate that I have to share a room with myself sometimes. I want a lobotomy... would gladly exchange my personality, such as it is, for some peace.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Old 09-19-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

lol Rusty, so if its like Vitiman C I can drink as much as I like then

O Trough O' Lattte where for art thou?
Old 09-19-2008, 06:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
That's a good one RZ!

Starbuck's Anonymous? Maybe I need to try a few meetings?

I loooove coffee but it doesn't love me unless I have only two cups very early in the morning.

And that my fellow whiney whiners is my whine.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Looks like super whines all around.

I have had the worst day in a long time.

I am struggling a little with the thoughts. And I have money and I dont like it. I tried calling my cousin to give her my money to hold. But she was asleep already. So I am on my own.

This morning it all started with the guy at the gas station. Huge attitude. Not what I need after 2 hrs sleep and 7:30 in the morning.
Went to the food pantry. Not one but 2 church ladies accused me of taking more tuna than allowed. WTF??!! I can read how many we can have. I showed them both my bag and was like " You gotta be pretty hard off to steal from a food bank." They never apologised or nothing. So that was insulting. And it pi$$ed me off good.
Work was even more aggravating. Almost veryone I spoke to was a real *****. Attitudes all over the place.
Plus I am sad. I dont want to give my kitty back.

My day has sucked so bad..I started crying right at my desk a little.

I will not use over this $hit. Its petty and not worth it. But dam if I didnt wish I could just poof away somewhere.

I am going to try and give Bobble a bath tomorrow and see if that doesnt make a difference.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:43 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

((Trish))

sorry your day has been so crappy - sometimes people suck. Nice Jesus vibes from the old ladies too
But that's their problem - Y'know?

just look out for yourself and Bobble tonight

D
Old 09-19-2008, 10:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Atleast you're not drinkin (or smokin)...
Old 09-19-2008, 10:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))))))

Hang in there sweetie.I'm sorry today was so awful.People just suck sometimes-plain and simple, but it's never worth using or drinking over.I know you know.

I'm hoping for a better day for you tomorrow.

Much love,

Julesxox