withdraw or still using

Old 09-18-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

withdraw or still using

I have a question for the experts out there. My son is the addict in my life . His drug of choice are marijuana, pain pills and heroin. He has episodes of vomiting and diarrhea when he gets up in the morning. Is this a normal response to using those drugs or is it withdraw symptoms?
Thanks All !
Old 09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Speaking for myself.....either. Heroin was my drug of choice, if I was "dope sick" or withdrawing or needing a fix....I would be sick, vomiting, chills, diarrhea etc....and pupils would be pretty big, eyes runny, nose runny. After a fix, I sometimes would vomit because it would be a big hit, but not diarrhea....opiates tend to constipate. Also after a fix, my pupils would be pinned, very tiny. Anyways.........there is hope and help! I celebrated 11 yrs clean & sober last month!!!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congradulations on you 11 years !
You should be so proud of yourself for getting out of the clutches of addiction.

Does heroin continue to make you sick the whole day until you get it if you are addicted to it?

Thanks
Old 09-18-2008, 03:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Professional Hanger On'er

I would say yes, my son was progressively sicker for about a week and I would think the worst day had come and then the next day would realize it hadn't. And. yep, when he relapsed he felt better.

So sad.
Old 09-18-2008, 04:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When my daughter could not get her heroin, she stayed in bed. She could not function without it. It is like having the worst case of the flu ever. So it sounds like he has a pretty good habit and that when he wakes up he needs his drugs. Also when addicts first start using heroin they will vomit, but not usually once they have been using for a while. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-18-2008, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have been clean from heroin for almost 2 yrs, I have been struggling the last year with an alcohol problem. I had 4 months and jut relapsed yesterday. I got overwhelmingly horrible news , I have a warrant for my arrest and the relationship that I was in was getting more and more verbally abusive. I couldn't handle my situation and I got real screwed up. I thought I was done and now I don't know what's wrong. All day I have been so depressed and in emotional and physical pain. I am praying hard for my sobriety and my recovery. My life seems out of control again. I am going to a mtg tonight, I feel like i am starting all over and I am so dissapointed in myself. My kids are counting on me. I worry now that if I don't get help I will go back to heroin. I don't want to be a slave.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

My experience was as soon as I got a tiny drop of that stuff.....awwww man I was instantly better. Hard to describe. But....I would vomit even when "fixed" if I did a big enough shot. It makes you itch and nod and then when you don't have it you can't sleep for many days and you get cold chills and sweats. SUCKS, plain & simple SUCKS.
Old 09-18-2008, 06:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Flossy View Post
I have been clean from heroin for almost 2 yrs, I have been struggling the last year with an alcohol problem. I had 4 months and jut relapsed yesterday. I got overwhelmingly horrible news , I have a warrant for my arrest and the relationship that I was in was getting more and more verbally abusive. I couldn't handle my situation and I got real screwed up. I thought I was done and now I don't know what's wrong. All day I have been so depressed and in emotional and physical pain. I am praying hard for my sobriety and my recovery. My life seems out of control again. I am going to a mtg tonight, I feel like i am starting all over and I am so dissapointed in myself. My kids are counting on me. I worry now that if I don't get help I will go back to heroin. I don't want to be a slave.
Good for you for getting to that meeting tonight...... getting back on with recovery so that you are not a slave to the drug. Also - good for you for realizing your triggers!!!! That "other guy" will pounce so quick and will take advantage when there is havoc - as if to say .... "I'll help you".... but really all he wants to do is kill you. I give you accolades for knowing this and for taking charge. *IF* only I could get to that point with my abf... because even though I don't use - his addiction hurts me just the same.

Cook - RIGHT ON for the 11 years!!!!!!!!!!

Garden ..... the detox/withdrawals typically last about 72 -96 hours from last use.