Notices

Hectic Day

Old 09-16-2008, 11:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hectic Day

Yesterday was such a hectic day. My gf decided to throw the whole "she is supporting" me thing in my face. I pay my rent, I pay water and lights and I pay my car. I think its only fair she buy a little food. But anyway she told me that she supports me and I hit the roof! I got so angry and i share an office with another lady and I couldnt express my feelings over the phone. When she heard I was getting angry she told me she was just joking. Anyway i was just about to leave work when that happened and i decided to go to the gym and let of some steam.

That didnt really help so decided to go to a meeting on my own last night. I told her how I felt and she just kept on telling me that I am a baby and she forgives me for relapsing but i cant forgive her for saying something like that.

Thing is my father always use to throw things like that in my face and it drove me crazy..... We both went to bed angry and fighting but after a little while I gave in. I hate going to bed on bad terms with her. All through the night she was apologizing and telling me she is sorry. I know this is some petty cr@p but i needed to get it off my chest!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Recently, my husband threw in my face that 'Perhaps I'd been drinking again and this was why we were struggling financially'

I haven't had a drink in about 70 days-but it didn't hurt any the less.

You have to let it go.You cannot control other people, their thoughts, their reactions....you just can't.And your sobriety doesn't and shouldn't depend on it.

The people involved with us(partners, husbands, wives....) lived through a lot when we were drinking.It's easy for them to assume the worst about us or throw the past in our faces.But we are always free to choose our reactions-regardless of our hurt.

We hurt them a lot too once.

I hope you get through this okay.

Jules.
Old 09-17-2008, 02:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah well the funny thing is, she is also a recovering addict. I get treated like a criminal now everytime I want to go out or I need to go somewhere. She is always to tired to come with me but then she makes me feel like a prisoner. If im 1 minute of schedule she sh!ts herself.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think some of our loved ones feel a little insecure/uncertain when we start to make changes and spend more time on ourselves.

Take care,
D