I found rehab for my son

Old 09-16-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I found rehab for my son

After many calls to my insurance, I found outpatient rehab for my son (he can't get inpatient (I tried) b/c he's not physically addicted to anything, the addiction is "all in his head" so to speak b/c he uses drugs that aren't physically addicting, like pot). But the only rehab place for his age (17) under my insurance is 45 mins away & is held from 4-6pm & I am working. He does need 3x per wk for 6 wks but it is not going to happen! There's som'n wrong w/ this system when a working single mom is stuck w/ one option only & it is not an option after all! Besides, my son won't do it. He doesn't want to miss work. That doesn't matter, it's only 6 wks, I say. But we did come to some solution that will hopefully work. He'll go back to church each week which he says helped & also N.A. every week, which he has been doing for a few weeks now. So we'll see. Good thing is he wants to stop. I will be checking into some other areas, but that will take a while. I just feel like I have to do som'n to try to point him in the direction of the right path, he has to take the steps to follow it. I have til he's 18 I feel.
Thanks & take care!
Old 09-17-2008, 12:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

if its any consolation, lots of kids "grow out" of using pot.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, but oftentimes it can lead to something worse. Besides, my son has uses cocaine & lsd already. So while he's under 18 I'm gonna try to influence him as much as possible!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Here's some NA meetings in your area:

http://portaltools.na.org/portaltool...rchResults.cfm

and if you put in Milwaukee instead of Greenfield a whole bunch more show up.

I've been to AA and NA meetings all over Milwaukee and Waukesha counties when I come back to visit, lol

You might also want to check with Milwaukee County Mental Health and see what they have to offer as he is not yet 18.

That would be a great place for him to start.

J M H O

Love and hugs,