I'm New

Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm New

Hello.

I have been with a man for 1 year and half. He was diagnoised with bi polar and has been off and on with meds.. he still continues to use drugs and boose. I feel with all the bad history he has put me though... he falls under the catigory of a socipath?? Now I just found out I am pregnant and he has told everyone... He thinks that this is his way of securing his stay... However i have kicked him out and it has been 2 weeks.. The phone will not stop ringing and I feel that he will not leave me alone??
Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi MissLee and welcome to SR. It is okay to not answer that phone. It will really be much healthier for you if you don't. Loving an addict is not an easy thing to do. This place is a great source of support. Others will be along with their strength, hope and experience. In the meantime, read the stickies at the top and the other posts. I am sure that you will find a lot of company on these boards. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

Misslee, I agree with Marle.. It's ok not to answer that phone.. Just because you are pregnant does not mean that your BF has a right to harrass you or to be apart of your life in any way shape of form.

Continue to take care of you and your baby..
Old 09-15-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

misslee.

I am happy to hear you have removed yourself from a difficult situation. I have a sister who is bipolar and I can tell you that unless someone who is bipolar stays away from drugs and booze, it is an impossible situation. Thier meds can't work while they are using. And yes, the combination of drugs/alcohol and bipolar would create impossible to live with behavior. (At one point, my sister was thinking of killing herself and her children - thankfully she called family instead)

I agee with others, the baby needs you now and you need support, not harrassment. Is there a support group nearby (Al Anon, Nar Anon family groups) or do you have some other resources. In some places here are women's shelters that have support groups even if you don't stay at the shelter.

It is important that you take very good care of yourself and the baby. I hope you can let him go and focus on what is most important - you and the baby.

Prayers for your safety and peace...
Old 09-15-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi misslee~~ Your one smart lady. Don't answer that phone. You'll be much better off. I know it'll be hard to raise a baby alone but your better of with 1~~~~not 2.....He has a few problems so unless he's willing to get help your better off just taking care of yourself and planning a future for you and the baby. I'm so sorry your going through this...Smiles, Bonnie
Old 09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Misslee
Keep coming to this site. These people have so much to give. I see it everyday that I am on here. My daughter is in early recovery (5months) which I never thought I would see happen. So you just never know. But you must do what is best for you and your baby now. Hang in there. Life can get better. I agree that you should try and find some meetings. They are really helpful. Saying a prayer for you
Gotahavfaith
Old 09-15-2008, 05:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

welocme to s.r. there is alot of info here. read around. if you do not want to talk to him do not answer the phone.if he comes around call the cops. keep yourself safe. keep coming back & let us know how u r. prayers,