Notices

New Guy.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Guy.

Hello, I am Nathan.

I think I have a drinking problem, I drink everyday, at work, in the morning, ect.

I dont even know why anymore... I've been using my mother's lupus as a excuse as she is begining to die a little more everyday (Her heart, lungs and kidneys are being attacked, lots of fluid around them, surgerys, and she is on oxygen at the house).

To top it off, I am Bipolar, class 1. Meaning I am on selexa, and seroquel... I dont know if the spelling on those is right *shrug*... I just dont know.

I seem to drink everyday with total disreguard for the consequence. I know I need to stop, but I still continue. I just dont know what to do, I feel lost.

I guess this is a plea for help, I dont know what to do anymore. I keep drinking... I'd Hate to see what my family would say if they caught wind, I just dont know...

NRL2202
Old 09-15-2008, 12:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, Nathan. Welcome to SR. Stick around here for a while if you aren't sure what you should do. There is a lot of support to be found throughout the forums. Also, there is a Mental Health Issues section if you need to talk about having Bipolar disorder. Keep reading and posting.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Hi Nate...Glad you are here. My cousin..
Who I am very close with has Lupus. So I know how it feels to see someone you love suffer behind that disease. But drinking is not helping you or her at all. And in my experience...Being messed up is not how you want to remember time spent with your mom. Time is so precious.
There are other members here that have lupus as well. I am sure they will jump in later.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome...

Have you considered speaking to your doctor abbout your drinking?
That might be wise before trying to abruptly quit.

I'm sorry your Mom is so ill.
Prayers for the 2 of you going out.