Here we go again

Old 09-14-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go again

My boyfriend relapsed AGAIN!!!! OMG...Help!! I can't!! I am losing it!!!! I am taking him to Detox again tomorrow...but I don't even think he really wants to . He says he wants to quit....etc...but omg, how much longer!! I may have to walk!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Denice, maybe when hes taking himself to detox------rather than YOU taking him to detox it will be a sign that recovery is what he wants

from my experience when I was the one pushing suggesting recommending demanding begging pleading and threatening --- well I was the ONLY one wanting recovery for him.

When I finally told him to leave and left him on his own to determine how hed get to detox and in treatment did he finally takes steps on his own-----and sadly even IN TREATMENT he relapsed but something finally chamged for him and today hes clean and sober and his recovery shows.

I would never say give up because it can happen but I have found it only happened when HE wanted it!!!

best of luck to you, I know how devastating it is each and evary relapse ----just doesnt get easier------Hugs
Old 09-14-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know the disappointment and heartbreak of relapse. My exAH went right back out and used the same day he got out of rehab.

It was a very long 5 years with him.

For me, happiness is an inside job, and it helps for me to search deep and ask myself what I want out of life.

I'm enrolled in college full-time and am so excited to be finally completing my degree!

There is no significant other in my life, and I'm very content with that. I don't answer to anyone.

I cherish my 'me' time.

I can come and go as I please.

I don't have to make plans around anyone else.

I don't have to settle for less because I know I deserve better than that.

I wish you peace and happiness in your life like I have. :ghug2
Old 09-15-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand my husband keeps falling off track this damn heroin got a hold of him, He keeps saying I want to quit, I dont want this life, I'm going into detox and then he takes off gets high and repeats himself the next morning. It's hard not walking away but he already walked from our son and I for the drugs that is the love in his life