Broken heart

Old 09-14-2008, 11:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Broken heart

Well i finally did it. Almost 2 yrs of trying my darnest to help this man by being there, supporting, and loving him unconditionally. I never thought it would end this way. After rehab i thought we were on our way. The first relapse crushed me and than the 2nd has taken every bit of life i have out of me. He cant even face me which hurts most of all. We are best friends and he wont even confide in me, he wants to keep me left out and i want so bad to understand. I took the engagement ring off, it seems like all my hopes and dreams are gone and i will never understand why. This was so senseless..why couldnt he just get it together..all the promises were broken and im left here with wondering why. Please remember me in your prayers, this is so tuff. I hope i did the right thing by ending this...maybe one day he will realize all the things in life hes lost and wake up. This too shall pass.......~Dawn
Old 09-14-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

:praying
Old 09-14-2008, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time right now--but you have to do what is best for you. Just be glad you found out...before you did decide to through with the marriage>afterward it would have been alot tougher. He has made his choice--addiction is a nasty thing. I do pray he finds his way when he is ready. But for now--I send you hugs and encouragement...you need to focus on you--and healing yourself. Glad you are here. Also--I have found Alanon to be beneficial to me even though me and my ex-partner are no longer together. I had to break off our engagement too--addiction was a major factor in that decision. Hang in there!
Old 09-14-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Dawn: Sorry you are in so much pain. It will get better. You made a healthy choice for yourself to get off the roller coaster. It's no way to live. I know this doesn't mean much now and is easier said than done, but keep the focus on you and what you want and it will get better.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dawn you made absolutely the right decision. I know right now it's hard and you are very hurt and maybe you might even be angry when you think "why couldn't he have" I think we have all asked ourselves that at some point or other. My sister in law asked me that just the other day. Me, I don't know the answer, if anyone does please share! Everything you are feeling right now is part of the process. It takes time and it won't be easy but just by doing what you have already done you have proved that you are strong and can do it. Take care and believe that it will get better.
Old 09-14-2008, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope i did the right thing by ending this...maybe one day he will realize all the things in life hes lost and wake up. This too shall pass.......~Dawn

You did do the right thing Dawn, and one day you will realize what you would have lost if you had stayed with him. Ive been where you are now, and it hurts, but it gets better it really does. Keep reading and posting it will help you.

Mair
Old 09-14-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dawnb1176 View Post
The first relapse crushed me and than the 2nd has taken every bit of life i have out of me.
I went through this four times with my AH. The second one really hit me hard, too. Please believe me that every bit of life has not been taken out of you. YOU still have a life! Now sounds like the time to allow him to make his own choices, even if they are very bad choices.

Have you considered attending Al-Anon and/or counseling? Please keep posting; we are here to support you in any way we can!