Notices

had a slip!

Old 09-14-2008, 06:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy had a slip!

hi
Had a slip on the 5th day and now back on day 2 and feeling dissapointed i didnt try harder enough to get through the urges. I was so confident i could then something went wrong i knew what the trigger was so i am going to plan against it so it dosent happen again. Trouble is you cant plan against every trigger? It was my ex who called which was the trigger we used to be drinking buddys i suppose it gave me an excuse to drink which is bad i knew. I am going to bar his number as thats the only way i can prevent him callling me.

Cant help thinking why do i keep doing this?
Old 09-14-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dismember

Such is the nature of a habit; don't beat yourself up. You didn't give in completely, you seem like you're back on your feet, and you're doing something new to prevent another mistake.

I think you did well.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

No, you can't plan against every trigger. I like to say that everyday I'm living is a trigger.

Sometimes it feels unbearable...you have to find a way to push through it. The next time the urge strikes, call someone up who can comfort you. Log on to SR and post or go into the chat room. Go for a walk if you can. Grab a pillow and punch the stuffing out of it. Eat some food (usually when I really want to drink I haven't eaten anything in a while). Do anthing you can to distract your mind.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

hey Sparkey... good idea getting rid of those sticky people in your life , its hard we all know that , but its a " gotta do" if we wana stay on the sober wagon .. thanks for sharing Mrs O:praying
Old 09-14-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Start over again and learn from your slip. YOu can do this!!
Old 09-14-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile letting go

:bounceyes i am thinking every time i slip i have to keep starting again which is frustrating to say the least, i wish i had a magic wand and i didnt have this problem in the first place but thats unrealistic i suppose.

Its a struggle for me at the moment as drinking is also a habit for me drinking from age of 17 it has become so ingrained in me i think. Like a part of my life but i dont want that part anymore so its like i have to let it go and all that alcohol does for me the good and the bad the letting go is the hard part for me.

i dont like to let go of things but i know i have to for my happiness and health. Its not just letting go of drink though is it? Is letting go of a crutch and a life style

On my cba there are more benefits to giving up drinking i know this. So why cant i do it yet..

I dont want to go through anymore 1 days having to start again but i knew in a few days time i will be screaming for a drink whether this is physically/mentally. My docter wont give me any campral unless im a week clear of drink either so i am not on any medication.
Sometimes the urges scare me as i sometimes fill i am going mad at the time but i knew this will pass as i have already got past 4 days so i knew if i try hard i can do it.

I dont have the confidence at the moment to say i can make it but i will give it a bloody good fight.

On my grave stone i want it to say "I didnt quit" i fighted it to the end i know it sounds abit sad but thats how i feel.

One of my ex has already died of drinking and my other ex is dying of circosis so i knew how dangerous it can be to continue drinking i dont want to be a statistic either