Just an update - Hi Everyone

Old 09-10-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just an update - Hi Everyone

Hi everyone, It has been a while since my last update. Brief history, I was married to my xah for 7 years, have 3 children 3, 5 and 7 now. When I left my xah, I had every intention of making him see the light and what he was losing. Expected him to straighten up and fly right and come begging us back. Well it still has not happen, he is still drinking and is living with his new lady friend, so I've been told.. I cut off all contact with him, we have not seen or heard from him in well over a year. My children are doing great. My daughter started 2nd grade a few weeks ago, as some will remember when I first posted here I had just dropped her off for her first day of kindergarten and was a total wreak. My oldest son just started kindergarten and I did much better with him. They are both loving school and have good grades. My baby boy is 3 now, he is a handfull. He has no memories of his father, he has pictures of him, but that is all. As for me, I am content with my life as it is now. I am happy for the first time in a very long time. Not only am I better on the inside I've changed alot on the outside. I chopped off the hair and lost 30+ pounds. I have a new friend in my life who enjoys my company as much as I enjoy his, but at the end of the day I can go home to MY HOUSE, that is quiet, does not smell of alcohol or cigs. I really thought that 2 years ago my life was falling apart, I had no idea what to do. I learned, in the end,that I could not save the alcohlic in my life, but I could save myself and my children and that is what I did. I had to simply let go of trying to fix him and start fixing myself. It has not been easy, but today I am a much stronger person.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I Finally Love My Life!!!

I love your post - and happy endings
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you checked in! Though now I'm depressed that your daughter is in 2nd grade. I clearly remember her going to kindergarten about 6 months ago LOL!!!

Enjoy that great new life - you worked hard for it.

((()))