Notices

day one for me again

Old 09-07-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day one for me again

Well I got through my trigger Friday night with no alcohol then went out to a girls night out Saturday night and was the designated driver, so no alcohol that night either. So what do I do last night, have a couple of drinks at home. Nothing had upset me, I had no reason to drink, didn't really have cravings (or did I) but I just did it. I didn't even get drunk, so what I have done is wasted my two weeks of alcohol free and now have to start again.

I am not sure why I didn't have the willpower to stop myself, and to be honest, I could have given or taken it. Has this happened to any of you, now I am annoyed with myself.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

You didn't waste anything.. just pick up and keep movin' forward.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Yep...I did that after 32 days sober. I just decided to drink. I didn't have cravings...it was a conscious decision and I just decided to do it. I drank that one day and haven't had a drink since. I'm a little over 90 days sober now and have absolutely no desire to drink. Don't beat yourself up about it. Just start over and make up your mind that you will not drink today. It gets easier...I rarely ever even think about it anymore.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you can learn from what happened, so it doesn't have to happen again.

You can move forward!
Old 09-07-2008, 05:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

No one is perfect here, Lord knows I had my share of slips, you can do this!!!

Cathy
Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've relapsed so many times I'm embarassed to even think about it. But it can be done - start over and do'nt pick up that first one. THat's the key, not having the first one, cause if you don't drink the first one you can't drink the next ones.

It may help to change your schedule a bit. Change your driving routes so you don't go past the places you used to get your booze from.

Only thing I can say truthfully is that I had too many day ones, but I finally "got it" and now have 8 wks sober. So you see, it CAN be done! Don't give up, learn from your slip and move forward again. Pretty soon your Day One will be so far in the past you won't even think about it any more.

:ghug3
Old 09-07-2008, 05:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

for some relapse is part of our journey, keep going one day at a time
Old 09-07-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sometimes I think I did it for 'no good reason at all' too.I'm sure there was one, but I'm honestly not sure.I just didn't care(so I thought) but I sure as heck cared afterwards.I had many false starts, but don't write off what you've learnt so far.You've proven to yourself you can be sober two weeks so far-so keep going and before you know it you'll have more....You can do this.

Jules
Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, you are all amazing. I am not the only one and that is strangely comforting. The mad thing is that I was at a nightclub Saturday night, and everyone was drinking except me I bet, and I had no desire to have a glass of wine, nothing at all. Then I do when I am home and for no reason.

I loved the absolute control and freedom I have felt during these last two weeks, the feeling that I have things in order, and today I feel a bit tired but okay. So yes I will get onto things, I am doing a tough spin class at the gym later, so that will sort me out.

Peace and love to you, and thank you.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sunshinebaby View Post
Thanks guys, you are all amazing. I am not the only one and that is strangely comforting. The mad thing is that I was at a nightclub Saturday night, and everyone was drinking except me I bet, and I had no desire to have a glass of wine, nothing at all. Then I do when I am home and for no reason.

I loved the absolute control and freedom I have felt during these last two weeks, the feeling that I have things in order, and today I feel a bit tired but okay. So yes I will get onto things, I am doing a tough spin class at the gym later, so that will sort me out.

Peace and love to you, and thank you.
Come on over to our September class sunshinebaby we have lots of support & companionship waiting for you :ghug3
Old 09-07-2008, 08:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Many of us had false starts before we actually quit.

Use your past sober time as a base
for your new beginning.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hon, I face the same thing..........I think for me......it's a lifestyle.........what I do........what I've done for years and years. It has just finally caugt up with me.

I know, for me, I NEED to change those habits. A bit hard to do. I don't know how.
Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

yep, I started drinking again after 5 years. Thought I could use moderation and that worked for a bit then was drinking like I was before, that lasted two years now I am quitting again for life. I had those wonderful 5 years of sobriety and am looking forward to feeling like that again. Don't be too hard on yourself, we learn from every challenge.

Take care
Old 09-08-2008, 06:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I slipped recently as well, for no good reason. Then again, is there ever a good reason??

I was at 50-something days (i think) and slipped. I drank four times within one week. The first few times I didn't feel drunk...just dizzy and sick the next day. The last time I got drunk, I also bawled like a lunatic AND felt like crap the next day. It just made me re-committed.

You can get those days back easily! You did it the first time, right? Now you can also be more aware that you have to be extra-diligent on those days when you shouldn't need to drink, too. It's when we feel good that we have to beware as well!
Old 09-08-2008, 12:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm starting over today. It didn't even really take good. I just did it...stupidity

Hang in there...we'll just keep trying