Notices

I hit my bottom

Old 09-07-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I hit my bottom

Hi everyone, I am glad to have finally admitted I have a problem and am ready to give up alcohol again for good. Was out at a party having a great time with friends and DH and boom took a turn for the worse and was ready to leave my marriage, crying my eyes out and feel like crap today. I feel so lonely and depressed that I am not sure if that is why I have been drinking or is the drinking making me lonely and depressed.

I have every thing a woman could ever want, a loving husband great kids nice house and great friends. The one thing though is that I am burnt out at work and am hating it, but feel trapped because of the money. I am so overwhelmed that I don't know if I am coming or going.

I just wanted to reach out and start my Day 1 for the last time. I am excited about changing my life. I quit drinking for 5 years before and I felt great, I want to feel like that again. Will be here everyday for support.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
One Day at a Time!

Congrats on Day 1! I'm on day 5. I still cry, feel like crap at times, but right now, I feel pretty good. Don't beat yourself up to much. Sobriety comes one day at a time. For me, right now, it comes 5 minutes at a time. I so badly want to reach out for that bottle at times during the day. That's when I come in here. I also go to AA. That really is helping me alot. Being able to listen, and talk to someone, eye to eye, really helps. I would suggest you find a group in your area. If you don't know where one is, go to Alcoholics Anonymous : that'll get you started in the right direction!

Good luck! And remember, you've done it before, you can do it again!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

I'm glad you have decided to stop drinking.

If you believe that your job is a major stress in your life, why not think about alternatives? There's no need to make an immediate change, but maybe look around at different options. I know that when I'm in a situation where I feel there is no way out and I am stuck, I just feel miserable.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Itsmytime, great support for you here-best wishes.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the site! THis is a great place for support and advice. Congratulations for deciding to get sober again. Lots of help here for you!

:ghug3
Old 09-07-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Welcome
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Itsmytime!!

You will find tremendous suppot here...
Old 09-07-2008, 07:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I feel like I could have wrote your post! I feel exactly the same way at this very moment. I was out with friends and DH at a wedding reception last night, having a great time, and then next thing you know me and my husband are on our way home, fighting, talking about divorce, me evidently telling him I don't love him anymore, sleeping in the car, etc. I have a beautiful family and if I could get alcohol out of the picture, I would have a beautiful life too. Hang in there, let's do this together.
Old 09-07-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Welcome to SR
Old 09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am on day 1 like you so lets do this together!!
Old 09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Glad to hear that you are going to give it another shot, you CAN do this :day4

Jump on in with the September class in this forum, we have a buch of great people waiting to support you & go through this together :ghug2
Old 09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

To protect my fragile early sobriety ...I found it necessary
to stay away from my drinking friends.
They were uncomfortable with my new goal
though they were vocally supportive
and I got too antsy around them...

Sooo...I began to form new friendships within
my AA group we shared the same lifestyles
and most of all...they understood alcoholism/recovery

Oh yes...I also swiched jobs ...less money..less stress
and it worked out quite well.

Keep in focus...Yes! you too can find recovery.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone :ghug3
I am taking the day off to rest. I am anxious and still feel like crap - overthinking Saturday night and don't want to be around ppl, safer to stay home. DH and I had a good day yesterday and he is supporting my decision to quit and he himself is going to cut down. He really doesn't have a problem, it is how I feel after that is making me depressed.

I am taking it slow, as I am sure once the alcohol is out of my life everything else will fall into place. I have always been the "life of the party" even when sober, it is time for me to be who I want to be and stop being such a people pleaser all the time.

Thank you again, I will be here often
Old 09-08-2008, 06:18 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You know, if I didn't know anybetter I would think that I wrote your post, considering it sounds just like me and my life! Right down to the job I don't like but the money I can't leave! Wow. And the feelings after the drinking are exact. I too have also been done the old turnaround - one minute a good time and the next a crying mess! But I am hoping to turn it around and wish you best of luck as well. I have not had one since last Wednesday. I feel pretty good.