Notices

What Have You Noticed???

Old 09-05-2008, 07:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KCB.com/justfortoday :-)

What Have You Noticed???

To all the newcomers and even to the people who have been in recovery for a while what have you noticed about yourself in the past days, weeks, months?

Like for me...my skin is a lot healthier, I don't get half as many coldsores as I did, my eyes are alive again, I don't feel nearly half as tired as I used to and the most important thing is that I don't dread the next day anymore. I look forward to it! I'm not saying that I bounce out of bed everyday and embrace it but I don't feel that overwhelming despair anymore.

Most of all...I don't have that knot in my stomach anymore. In it's place is hope and peace and I hope that a day at a time I continue to experience that.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I dont feel ashamed anymore.

My whole aura and complection is brighter.

I am not a complete mess.

My hands arent all tore up.

I could go on and on.
Old 09-05-2008, 07:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

No more living from a center of fear (fear did mean **** Everything And Run now its Face Everything And Recover)
Feeling alive especially in the mornings
Other addicts to talk to and spend time with
experiencing life as it is good or bad in the raw
Finding myself day by day
Old 09-05-2008, 07:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

I've been observing people more often and I see a lot of addiction problems out there...maybe I want to see more than what's truly there, but it's helping me. I'm becoming more disgusted with myself and I want to break out of this personal hell...there are so many more changes I want to make in my life other than just being sober.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I did that too.
It breaks my heart.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That I'm content on the inside for the first time in my life.

That whatever the day may bring, I can handle it sober.

Lately, I've become very aware of the gift we've been given to help other people.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yesterday was a whole lot of roller coaster, but one up part was a moment of clarity when I realized how much less stress it is now that I don't have to plan my life around my next binge. It was a delightful feeling of liberty and relaxation. Just goes to show you how crazy cravings really are. What, I miss that mess? *shaking head*
Old 09-05-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
KCB.com/justfortoday :-)

One thing about alcoholism is you take alcohol away and you're left with ism which some people say stands for I See Me....the first time I started to see myself...I hated myself. What I learned through time though was that yes I have done things that I hate, I have hurt people whom I can never make amends to...but I don't live my life like that anymore. I'm not the same person at all spiritually...and with that I get a lot of freedom!
Old 09-06-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I see my past drinking behavior and attitude for what it truly is/was - self destructive. I see that I keep my house a lot cleaner and take better care of my dogs and myself. I see each day as a blessing and it feels good to wake up sober and not deathly sick. I see my daughters proud of me instead of ashamed and worried. I see each day as a promise of a new beginning instead of a sickening twenty four hours to get thru.

I see a lot more these days as my eyes are wide open and not closed to life.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One Day at a Time!

I have found simple happieness in the bright new sun today. I feel the wind on my face.

I don't hold my breath as I kiss my girls goodnight (afraid they would smell the booze)

I actually remember what I watched on TV last night!!!
Old 09-06-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've found a focus... I can't remember the last time i had it in my life.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

What I see the most in myself after some time sober is my personality coming back and some of it I'm really uncomfortable with. I grew up with some very strong females around me and I remember thinking, Geez. They are too much. Too harsh. So I see some real fiestiness coming back to me. Which is a good strong character trait. However, there is a people pleasing part of my personality that is very uncomfortable with this other edgier side. It's interesting. But I do feel very much alive again and in my own skin.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I learned that I should have been listening to myself a lot more. If it doesn't feel good, it probably isn't. I learned that I do make good decisions and above all I learned that I CAN stay sober. I keep learning all the time though. One of my favorite things that one of my counselors would say to all of us is "more will be revealed" and that's so true.