Notices

confused....

Old 09-04-2008, 02:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

confused....

I don't mean to bring up any bad memories or step on any toes and i understand if you don't want to answer but i get the feeling that i'm a lot younger than everyone else hear and i was just wondering if anyone started out as young as i did or am i just a freak? sorry if this upsets you in any way...
Old 09-04-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How old are you? I have always been a drinker in high school, college, completely quit when I was having kids. I am 47 and have been getting worse over the last couple of years. But I knew even in high school/college that I was drinking too much.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well right now i'm seventeen. i started drugs when i was thirteen and booze when i was fourteen. i wasnt't sure if i'm just weird. i know most high school kids drink but i've been doing it for years and it has gotten really bad really quickly so i stopped. thanks for the help.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You should be very proud of yourself for recognzing it at 17! Wow! You may have just saved yourself alot of anquish over the next several years. Just work hard at it and be positive. I am VERY proud of you. Keep on posting here, it has been a godsend for me in the last month!

Take care!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you had the good sense to stop now, before it gets even worse. Congrats on your good decision. Better to get smart sooner rather than later!

:ghug3
Old 09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you for your support but i feel like an idiot for letting it get this bad this soon. i know it's for the best and i'll do my best to stick with it but it's not the first time i've tried to quit....
Old 09-04-2008, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I was 12 when I started doing drugs. I spent most of 7th grade higher than a kite. And many years there after. I look at my teen cousins and they are in 8th and 9th grade. I cant even imagine them doing the things I did.
By 15 I was out of control.
I wish I would have had the sense enough to relize what was going on before last year. I am 33 now.
Dont feel like an idiot.
Be proud you care enough to know something isnt right so young.
I never cared. It was party all the time.
I cant get all those years back. But you dont even have to go there.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

:ghug3There were alot of kids 16-19 in treatment with me (I'm old...49). I see a number of people between 15 and 20 in our town's AA meetings. My expereince:

I didn't start drinking till I was 16. The first time I had access to unlimited alchohol I got super drunk...kissed all the guys...smoked dope...and felt confident, beautiful, and like I fit in. I loved the effect and I wanted it that way forever and always. Prior to drinking I had felt like the ugly duckling with no social skills and like no-one liked me...and i was shy.

I went to almost flunking out of school within 6 months. I slept with anyone who wanted to sleep with me. My parents never knew where I was or if I would come home. I was basically a mess and even the people I partied with were worried cause I was so out of control.

By 19 I had a huge speed habit in addition to doing every other drug I had access to and drank as well through that whole period. Things settled down periodically over the next 7 or 8 years, but I always ended up out of control again.

I think the older people will tell you that most (not all) were out of control very early on...just couldn't see it.

Hope you keep posting here, find other support as well, and most of all...stay sober and clean

Thanks for coming here and for listening to an "old woman" rant (just teasing you)
Old 09-04-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well i can't except all the credit. my best friend at the time helped me realize that i had a problem. so i quit drinking once but continued with the drugs. he got mad and told me if i didnt quit drugs too he wouldnt talk to me anymore so i quit them too. a week later we got into a huge fight and i made a huge mistake and relapsed. he still doesnt talk to me but now i want to quit for me and not just him. he deserves the credit.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry..Have to disagree.
You deserve the credit. You decided to stop. For whatever reason. You did.
Just cause someone influences us. Doesnt make them accountable for our actions. Good or bad.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thank you. he deserves some credit though. he was the only one in my life who cared enough to tell me i was screwing up big time and i will love him forever for that.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Sorry..Have to disagree.
You deserve the credit. You decided to stop. For whatever reason. You did.
Just cause someone influences us. Doesnt make them accountable for our actions. Good or bad.

I agree 1,000%
Old 09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thank you but i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this. hahaha
Old 09-04-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by murphy75 View Post
thank you. he deserves some credit though. he was the only one in my life who cared enough to tell me i was screwing up big time and i will love him forever for that.
Ok..But remember to pat yourself on the back too.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:45 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

For what? Screwing up my life and then trying to fix it? I shouldn't be rewarded. I screwed up it's my responsibility to fix it. It's not something to be rewarded. It is to be expected...
Old 09-04-2008, 04:54 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

i have one more question if you guys don't mind helping me out.... My parents don't know about my drinking or drug abuse. I am debating on telling them because they can't really do anything to help. My parents and i don't really get along and were often times the reasons why i drank... Or atleast contributed. I'm not trying to blame them at all. I made the concious descision to drink and do drugs. I know if i tell them they will freak out and take everything that is important to me away. I know they will also blame themselves and it will hurt them which is the main reason why i'm reluctant. i only have about nine months left of my senior year and after that i'm hopefully off to college. i don't think they need to know at all but i would like some imput on it from other people. i would greatly appreciate it. thanks for everything!