Notices

can't do this

Old 09-04-2008, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

can't do this

I don't think I can do this.......I just hyperventilated so hard I dry heaved at work. There are so many things racing through my head and my heart, emotions I never knew I had. I can't get a grip on my head, I literally feel to my knees in my office and grabbed my head crying out loud harder then I ever have in my life, over what should seem like nothing. All the normal things aren't normal anymore. I won't go back and drink but I have to do somethign to stop this emotional rollercoaster. There has to be a way to get off this ride. I can't freak out and cry forever and I don't want anyone at my work to know what I'm going through except a few I'm either close with or work close to. I don't want people to think I'm unstable but I am and I feel unstable. I called my councelor and was crying so hard I couldn't talk, I couldn't explain what was wrong I just don't know what's wrong. Something make this stop.

Nobodyrealyet
Old 09-04-2008, 02:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

What are you coming off of and how long have you been without it? I know for me withdrawing from alcohol the first three days were hell physically. I started to feel better on day four, but the emotional roller coaster takes a bit of time to get off of. I'm glad you aren't drinking over it. Just remember that this too shall pass. Have you told your doctor your quitting your drug of choice? Sometimes if you're having a really hard time there are prescription meds that can get you thru the worst of it. Please see your doctor if you're having this bad a time.

:ghug3
Old 09-04-2008, 02:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think seeing a doctor might be in order August. I'm no expert but it sounds like anxiety attacks. Early recovery can be rough - if you need help - ask for it

D
Old 09-04-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's alcohol and I took tranquilizers for three days and my body feel great, it's my head. I'm upset, I don't know why I'm upset, I cry all the time so hard I can't breath I can't stand the people around me. Everyone at my work seems so shallow, hollow people just walking around and walking on people they don't even know. I've realized that some of my friends are better friends then I ever knew and that some I never want to talk to again. I don't feel hollow. Just the opposite, too full of everything. My thoughts seem to want to pour out of my ears and I can't stop it. happy sad angry scared blessed cursed I'm looking forward to my future sober but the reality of right this second is too much too bear and I don't even know why.............................

Nobody
Old 09-04-2008, 03:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

sometimes ice on the back of the neck or a cold shower will help stop the rollercoaster. taking a walk will also help. I hate being on the rollercoaster and changing my body temp or excerse seems to help me

remember it won't last forever
Old 09-04-2008, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think I'll just go home and sleep all weekend. Sleeping is easier then thinking. Thank you for the advice. Maybe a bubble bath and a book will help. I have moments when I think this isn't so bad and I'm happy to be doing it and then the emotions crash over me like an unescapable rip tide and they roll over me and suck me down for hours. I like to think I'm toughter than I really am.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i cant do it either. can people really change? i do know that all the damage people like us do to our bodies will take time to heal, including all the physiological and phycological alterations that happen with substance abuse.

your not alone dude. i'm never free of my disease. sometimes i think i am the disease.

exersize eat right dont use go to mtings see counsler
Old 09-04-2008, 04:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Keep in mind that alcohol is a depressant and that your feelings have been suppressed by drinking - now they're back in full force and that's the roller coaster you're feeling. It will get better with time. THe trick is just to make it thru the worst without relapsing. YOu can do this! Please see your doctor for some possible help in getting past the anxiety.

:ghug3

Do try hot/cold showers, taking a walk, treating yourself to a movie, relaxation tapes/CDs, meditation, anything to take your mind off the anxiety. It WILL go away. Just be safe while it's still there bugging you. And remember, they are "feelings" and "feelings" won't kill you.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think what you are experiencing is 'normal'. It's a big adjustment in every way.

What worked for me, and still does, is balance. While sleeping is a good way to gather strength, exercise and being outside is also good for your body, mind and soul.

You can do this!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Being Me for the first time

H.A.L.T ... am i hungry angry lonly tired . sometimes one or all these need to be rendered.. may help just my 2 cents, and it will get better !
Old 09-04-2008, 06:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Be very gentle with yourself as you move into your
healthy positive future.

In early recovery...many alcoholics find using an eating
plan for hypoglycemia helpful. I did use the one in
"Under The Influence" with good results.

Keep in focus...we do understand
It does get easier each day..