Notices

One day at a time

Old 09-04-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile One day at a time

This is a concept that I had a hard time to understand, like most of the sayings the program has. It took my awhile to understand but now that I got it, I really belives it and it works. We cant change what happened yesterday and cant worry about tommorrow cause it may never come. My sponsor keeps telling me just today. I work this on a daily basis. No matter what happens just dont pick up today who knows what tommorrow will bring, but cant worry about that, just worry about today. It really makes life so much simplier and less chaotic, if we just worry about today. Yesterday is gone and if god willing lets us have a tommorrow than we will deal with it when it comes. I believe that my life has become better with this premise and I hope to keep it going, I know this means alot of work and finally I am ready to the work that needs to be done. This also helps me focus on my sobriety and no matter what just for today i wont pick up that drink and will enjoy the day no matter what happens.
Old 09-04-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Since you put it that way, it makes sense. The concept of one day at a time has been difficult for me because the alcoholic in me says, "ok, if not today then maybe tomorrow?" But I like the way you presented it here. I will have to read this one when I start to lose focus of what "one day at a time" really means. Thank you.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That was hard one for me also. Simple works! It's so nice when a simple saying saying finally CLICKS. In fact I was talking to someone here a few weeks ago and she said, I'm not stupid Kathleen. I know we're trying for "forever" here!!! And I felt exactly the same way last year. I couldn't help but look down the road at my goal and it was not helpful to me. One day at time really works. I'm going to try that for eating healthy today. Just for today. I will drink my protein shakes and not eat sugar.