how to live life without him

Old 09-04-2008, 01:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how to live life without him

hello all i havent been on here for awhile now dealing with a man you love and him drinking himself to death isnt easy to do so i did take the advise i was given on here and told him to get help or get out. well he's been gone for well over a yr now and life does go on i met a wonderful man who has never drank hes a GODSEND i am so happy we are getting married in nov. life does go on but i do still have all those ?? in my mind like maybe he will start drinking can i trust him now mind you he has never given me a reason to doubt him but living with a drunk for so long messes your mind up really bad thank you so much for all the help i got here and hope to come back more :codiepolice
Old 09-04-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tiggerg65 View Post
hello all i havent been on here for awhile now dealing with a man you love and him drinking himself to death isnt easy to do so i did take the advise i was given on here and told him to get help or get out. well he's been gone for well over a yr now and life does go on i met a wonderful man who has never drank hes a GODSEND i am so happy we are getting married in nov. life does go on but i do still have all those ?? in my mind like maybe he will start drinking can i trust him now mind you he has never given me a reason to doubt him but living with a drunk for so long messes your mind up really bad thank you so much for all the help i got here and hope to come back more :codiepolice
I want to be happy for you, but I always have a concern about things happening so fast with the new engagment! Sorry, jmho. I am happy that you made the decision to take care of yourself and get out of your previous hurtful relationship.

Last edited by BohemiMamaof3; 09-04-2008 at 07:29 AM. Reason: revise
Old 09-04-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Congrats to you, I hope that you are very happy!

My advise about the doubts etc, is as La Tee Da has posted on another thread - Trust yourself! Get to know what is acceptable and unacceptable behaviour for you, set up boundaries within yourself and hold these. You can take care of you, you can have issues and solve them. Be kind and gentle to yourself. Keep reading recovery literature such as ''Beyond Codependancy'' Melody Beattie.

Good Luck to you!

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx