Something Amazing!!!!

Old 07-17-2003, 02:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Something Amazing!!!!

I have had the most amazing thing happen to me that I wanted to share. I haven't been a very spiritual person through my adult life as a result of the death of 5 friends, an aunt, two grandmothers and my mother when I was 20. I have always believed in God but I became very angry with Him for a long time. I seldom ask for help although I do say a daily prayer.

Through this last relapse with my husband, I was so distraught and fearful that I truly did not know what to do. I prayed so hard. I asked for God's help and blessing on my husband and myself and visualized a hand bestowing that blessing. I placed my own hand on my head and - I hope I can describe this well - I know that it was not just my hand. I felt such warmth, more than my own hand could create, and this wonderful sense of peace flooded my entire body. I knew then that I had been heard and the message I received was that I was not alone. That in itself was pretty amazing but it gets better.

The next day my husband was out in the van and he was drinking. He told me that he was stopped at a light and a HAND APPEARED in front of him and he heard a voice that said, "Stop.
I will take care of you. You will be alright." He pulled over into a parking lot and called me to come and get him.

I picked him up and took him back to the hospital and he has told me that all of his cravings for alcohol are gone. He is attending intensive outpatient therapy three times a week and is taking time off from work until the 1st of August. He also saw our doctor who has started him on Effexor for his depression/anxiety.

So, for now, things are going well. The nice thing is that we are both doing well. I don't seem to be harboring the anger that I had been feeling. I continue to feel the peace granted me that night.

I am usually on this site asking for help and full of pain so I thought that I would share something wonderful instead.

Have any of you ever experienced anything like this? I would love to hear from you.

Jo
Old 07-17-2003, 09:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

Hi jojo,
I haven't experienced anything similar, where my AH is concerned... I could however, tell you some stories of when my daughter was still alive - they are amazing too

But... I want to BUMP this up because I am SURE there are others out there

Take care
Meg
Old 07-17-2003, 09:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

jojo,

Thankyou for sharing this. That is amazing. I'm so glad.

What a great example of letting go and letting God.

Hugs,
MG

Old 07-18-2003, 02:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Jojo

I believe that God's amazing grace can come to us in many ways and that when I truly feel His presence, like you did, it is His way of assuring me that all is well.

And the more I open my mind and my heart to Him, the more I can feel Him working in my life.

I'm glad He is working in your life and pray the His blessings will keep you and your husband safe.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Jojo,

Thank you for sharing, what a wonderful experience! I took a job at the christian pre-school at the local church two years ago. (this is my third year teaching there) My son attended pre-school there, but I know that God put me there for a reason. My spirituality has grown tremendously while being there and I found the courage to start "recovery" for myself. Don't know how much you have read of my life, but long story short my husband is a drinker as has been all our married life (15 years). The 1st of May he announced he was going to quit drinking for 30 days....obviously 30 days is long gone, but my marriage is better than it has ever been. He does have a beer here or there, but it has not been more than two.....usually just one and only EVERY NOW AND THEN. I don't have any explaination for it (because he always drank until he was drunk) but I KNOW that God is the only answer. My husband even sees his friends alcohol problems now and refers to God and living right and CHURCH. There is no other explaination, but answered prayers!

Sorry for such a long winded explaination! I truely am so excited for you that words can't began to express it!!! Remember one day at a time and my prayers are with you.

Constant
Old 07-22-2003, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Last year, I had an amazing "God" experience as well. I had to attend a memorial, and had a great deal of fear about it. There had been some family violence previous to this.

I had been talking to friends in and out of the program about this, and many said they were praying for me.

About 3 days prior to this memorial, I suddenly felt God's arms around me. I knew He would protect me. I was filled with such a sense of peace, and I never worried about attending the memorial again.

BTW, nothing happened there.

Since then, I have had many other amazing experiences.

Cat