Notices

Sorry

Old 09-01-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sorry

For not being a very supportive person lately, and for being all caught up in my own stuff.

It seems like all I have shared about lately is the illnesses in my family, but honestly that is all I can think about at this time.

I care about all of you and I will be more supportive when I can wrap my head around things a little more.

Suzette
Old 09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Some days we support
some days we need support.

Be gentle with yourself ...Blessings
Old 09-01-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suzette,

You are going through a lot right now. I'm just glad that you have time to check in. The main thing is for you to take care of yourself. Sometimes we have a lot to give and other times, we need to take what others so generously offer to us.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nobody expects you to hold us up when you feel down.
I hope you feel better soon!
KJ
Old 09-01-2008, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

The recovery process is a give and take situation, we give when we can, and we take when we need, that is the beauty of a group recovery...
Old 09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Wow..toomutch..Dont ever feel like that.
You are going through a whole lot right now.

I just wish there was more I could do for you.

I think about you everday. And I hope everything works out tomorrow with the results.

I am praying for you.

And everything that was said above.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:27 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Suzette

Apology accepted but in no way necessary. When we sign on here, we are usually in crisis. Some of us, and you are a prime example, evolve and use our recovery to become a source of inspiration for others.

My god, you have done that. And it may be less of how you handle the "ups" than your example of dealing with the "downs."

Godspeed to you and your family. They may not know how lucky they are. I have no doubt that you are giving strength and wisdom to all, as you have done for me. I can wait; they cannot.

You know where to find us. We ain't goin' anywhere. It is your turn to "lean."

friend warren
Old 09-01-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't be sorry. Take care of yourself! Try to make sure you are getting to face to face recovery programs too! Too much of this online stuff is not good for recovery! Sometimes is can be like trading one addiction for another. Be careful! Work the steps with a sponsor and don't drink and you will be FINE!

"This too shall pass!"

Prayers................
Old 09-01-2008, 07:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Toomutch, no apology is necessary. Do what it is you need to do. My thoughts are with you. :ghug

Originally Posted by Jen042208 View Post
Too much of this online stuff is not good for recovery! Sometimes is can be like trading one addiction for another.
Off topic (I'm sorry!), but in my opinion, ANYTHING can become a replacement addiction. One (group or the internet) is not any better than the other. Recovery is different for everybody. I happen to be someone who relies heavily upon SR for my recovery. Without it, no doubt I would be trashed right now. Thank you people of SR!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for trusting us enough to lean on us Toomuch! How is your gramma tonight?
Old 09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ooooh. I didn't think the pic change worked, but it did. That's me as a kid. It's how I want to feel again.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support. It is such a blessing to have all of you. I have no desire to drink at this time, that would make things 10 X worse.
I will take my son back to the doc tomorrow at 1:45, and we all have anxiety over this . He is to the point where he can barely walk.

I think the stress from ll thats been going on has triggered my fibromyalgia, worsendnthe IBS. And once again shingles are popping up on my nose.

If you can please keep praying for our family.

By the way Grandma is doing better and is home with my mom now.

Hugs
Old 09-01-2008, 11:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Toomuch)))

Sending big hugs and prayers to you, your son and your grandma.

Don't every worry about coming here when you're struggling. Like was said above, you're showing what recovery is all about...ups, downs, reaching out when you need to, supporting when you can.

Please let us know what you find out at the doctor tomorrow.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-01-2008, 11:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Please don't be sorry. You've hit a run of difficult things in your life. You'll get back to giving support when you are able to do so. Right now, focus on your son and family and enjoy being supported by people who care about you.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(((((((toomutch))))))

So glad to hear about your grandma doing better. And please do keep us posted re your son.

As to the fibro: Oh yeah. Stress triggers flare ups. They do pass. Don't forget to take your vitamins and meds. Try to get some decent sleep. I know it's very hard to do now. I think I mentioned to you how a twenty minute walk outside in the sunlight followed by a nice soak in a warm tub really helps me. I got a new meditation CD yesterday and loaded onto my ipod. I think it helps.

You are a fabulous person. Your posts help me! If you need some one to talk to, PM me and I'll give you my super secret cell phone number. If nothing else, sometimes talking to some one with fibro helps. I'm in a bit of a flare up myself.

Much love to you,

Lenina

Last edited by Lenina; 09-01-2008 at 11:50 PM. Reason: bad typo!