Notices

To Tell or Not to Tell?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Arrow To Tell or Not to Tell?

Ever have a really great idea that made you so excited you could just burst!?
You have to tell someone! You just can’t stand it any longer! :bounce

THEN, you tell someone and find that you aren’t as excited anymore.

The only way to maintain the same level of excitement is to have their reaction match yours, exactly!
My bubble has been deflated every single time, only to find later that it was in fact, a great idea.
The odds of keeping this same level of energy are astronomical! So why give it up?
This energy is powerful! This energy is a nuclear reaction of empowerment!

When I decided to quit drinking I had these same feelings. I knew how easy it was to throw this energy away. I decided to keep it, all of it! This quest was so important to me that I wasn’t taking any chances.
I would tell no one! I still have the same level of energy. Energy used in any way I choose. Energy used to break the rusty chains, to find myself again. When I found this site, it allowed me to talk about it. I needed that! I quickly realized I was on to something! This was the combination that would lead me back! The ability to talk while keeping every ounce of energy was, is and always will be, the secret to my success.

Thanks SR for being a critical piece of the puzzle.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I spent so many years drinking that I thought it was a Big deal when I quit. I remember when I had 2 years I told a lady that worked at the store about my progress. She looked at my puzzled and said " good for you ".

Yes, that was a downer for me. Guess I was wanting a pat on the back or some excitement.

The only people that understand are people that are going through the same thing. So, glad SR is here.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

People get excited when they find out I am sober.

Like I had a drinking problem or something.

Where did they get that idea?

I'm happy you found a piece of the puzzle. SR has played it's part in keeping me sober too. :ghug