Hi Everyone

Old 08-31-2008, 09:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone

I thought that I had better update myself, all has not been so good. My Mom passed away a week ago Sunday. She had not been feeling so well for a few weeks, had her to the Dr. and in emergency ward. She had a real pain in her tummy and was unable to keep food down.

She was so determined that she was not going to go into the hospital, but her pain got so bad we got her to go. They were running some test, ruling out this and that, but the stress on her body caused her to have a heart attact. We got a call from the hospital to come as she was not going to make it through the night. Myself, my 2 sisters, nieces and her best friend were all with her to the end.

My dad passed away 5 years ago and she never stopped missing him.
We had a Celebration of Life for her yesterday, this fellow that lives on a small Island near here raises Doves. He came to the Celebration yesterday with his doves and placed two of his doves in my and my sisters hands, read a beautiful poem about Love and Doves and then he released the doves he had in his cage and we released the ones we were holding. They all gathered together and circled around us for about 10 min and flew back home. We played the song "You are the Wind Beneath My Wings" as the doves were circling. Dad gave here a jewerly box that played that song.

But in my heart I know that Dad came to take her home.

I am going to miss her so much, she was so funny and she gave me strenght when I was so low.

Rose
Old 08-31-2008, 10:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You can have some of my strength. I've got good, strong shoulders to lean on. I bet others here do as well. By the end of the hour, you may have a whole crowed carrying you through the bad parts.

Love to you

:ghug
Old 09-01-2008, 04:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry for your loss, the Celebration of Life with the doves sounded beautiful.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Rose))) I am so sorry for your loss. May the precious memory of your mother help comfort you at this time.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Rose... I am sorry for your loss. What a beautiful way to celebrate your Mom's life. May you find peace and comfort in your memories of great times with her and your Dad.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Rose))) I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Take care of yourself and let yourself grieve for as long as you need to. Hugs, Marle
Old 09-01-2008, 06:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Rose))

I'm sorry hun. Sending hugs and prayers.

B
Old 09-01-2008, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((Rose)))

I'm so sorry about your mom, but I think the celebration of life was a great way to honor her.

Take all the time you need to grieve, and I've got strong shoulders, too, so lean on them anytime you need to.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 09-01-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((((Rose))))) I'm so sorry for your loss. My mom died in an accident 7 years ago last week and I still miss her so. I do find memories of things we shared comfort me. Thoughts and prayers for comfort...lots of hugs too.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much everyone,

I was very proud of my nephew on the day of the Celebration, he is an addict, just into recovery again and just. But he stood up and gave a speech, that he was an addict and gram alway was there for him, even after all the things that I took from her, things that I don't think I can ever forgive myself for doing to her, she still was there for me....I think if it had not been for gram that I would not be here today...they broke the mold when they made her.

I was really proud of him to have the courage to stand up and say what he did and to me it showed part of recovery " to admit to our wrongs"

Rose
Old 09-01-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Rose I am so sorry for you loss. What a beautiful way to celebrate her life, it brought tears to my eyes.

Very nice to hear about your nephew you also.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((Rose))
I am so sorry for your loss. Glad you, sisters, nieces, and her best friend were able to gather together to be there with her and for each other throughout the process.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:52 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like it was beautiful. Sorry for your loss.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Rose,
I am so sorry to hear the loss of your mom. I am also proud of your nephew, what he said made me cry. He is a fine young man to admit what he did. Remember the good times with your mom, that helps. I love the way you celebrated her life that was so beautiful.
Sending you hugs and prayers.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

What a beautiful ceremony you have described. She must have been so special.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

You're story almost made me cry!! I'm so sorry for your loss!!! I kind of can relate. I'm 25 & my dad died when I was only 9 years old. Now, I'm terrified of becoming an "orphan" even at 25, because I rely on my mom so much.

I can't imagine what it would be like to lose her. But it's going to happen someday, & you're words comforted me making me feel like I may be able to get through it.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

rose, i am so sorry to hear about your mom. i am sure you will miss her. all of us here that has lost their mother can relate to you. i miss mine so much & it has been 12 yrs. prayers for you & those who love her. hugs,
Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Rose,
What a beautiful way to remember your mom with the doves. It is so hard when we lose our moms, I lost mine way before her time. It takes time, a lot of time and wonderful memories. I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Rose,

What a lovely tribute to your mom. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Cats
Old 09-01-2008, 09:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My condolences to you and yours. There is always something precious in our pain and thank you for sharing yours.