Notices

Fatigue...

Old 08-31-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Fatigue...

I'm not looking for medical advice, only personal experience.

How long has it taken after you quit drinking/using for you to feel well rested and ready to go? I feel more tired now than I felt two weeks ago. It could be stress related...but anyways...

...Have some of you found out that it's taken you a couple of months or longer to feel put-together? Just curious. Obviously if it gets much worse, I will go to a doctor about it...it's far more annoying than alarming at this point.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It was a couple of weeks for me but I started exercising as well. I had to. Once I did that regularly for a month I felt a lot better. I saw a lot of girls that it seemed to affect longer so who knows? I think it's different for everyone.

I also made sure that I ate really well, took my vitamin, all that good stuff.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It didn't take long at all for me to feel well rested and ready to go. I had been drinking a lot, eating little, and sleeping little - but, once I started taking care of myself, I'd say I felt better within a week or so. But, I started walking a lot, right from the beginning. That was a big help.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

By 2 months sober....
I was back in mental and physical balance.

hope everyone stays sober long enough to feel good
Old 08-31-2008, 10:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is taking a while for me too.

The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that each day, I'm one day closer to feeling better. I'm taking this as a price I'm willing to pay for a sober, healthy future.

I know it has to get better at some point. So I keep working towards that.

Thank you for starting this thread. I'm sorry that you're struggling with this, but it helps me to know that I'm not the only one going through it. I thought I was the only one feeling this way.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

To feel mentally and physically better...it took about a year. The mental part is what took the longest. Some of that had to do with not taking care of myself. I have a medical condition that requires that I take certain vitamins and I hadn't been taking them. It took me about a year to balance all that out again.

What really helped was exercise. Those natural endorphins make such a difference.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It took a couple of weeks for me to feel like I had my energy back and I felt like I was almost normal. ( Of course some people have said I have never been normal.) I think it varies because of the condition of your body and the amount of the time you have been abusing.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I guess it's different for everyone-but after about 2 weeks i started to have a lot more energy.I found taking Vitamin B really helped too(good for stress levels as well) but it was more than that too.I walked more, drank more water, ate better(suddenly discovered I had an appetite during the day-never did when I was drinking) and I eventually started to sleep better too.

Taking care of yourself is the key I think.Especially after we've abused our bodies for so long.It takes time for them to heal.

Julesxox
Old 09-01-2008, 03:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

bam, for me... it was a month to two...

with eating well, and excersise, i slowly came back to feeling like something...

then, i started working on the inards!

a program of recovery...

rz
Old 09-01-2008, 06:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thank you for the responses, everyone. Thanks, Hope. Good to know I'm not the only one, too. I'm feeling kind of ill right now...just happened tonight. I think my immune system is wonky (I have been stressed because of work)...It's probably nothing, but I hate feeling even more run down than usual...sorry I'm complaining...I wish I could sleep right now (I'm tired enough) but I can't. Don't worry, not thinking about drinking. I don't have the energy for it anyway.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It's weird because that is exactly how I feel today too.

I'm trying to take it easy on myself.

Our bodies are in the process of healing and every day we don't drink, that is one more day of healing.

I'm sure it will get better for us.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Yeah, I keep telling myself I need to give this enough time to work.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tyler50

Sometimes drinking gives you the quick fix
Old 09-01-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hello, tyler. Welcome to SR! Start a thread and introduce yourself.

Yeah, quick fixes are bad...I don't have a desire to drink right now.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Had one of those days today, man. Maybe just cuz I worked so hard the last couple days, I dunno. I couldn't get motivated to do anything. I had been cruisin' along just fine.. How you doin' today?
Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Thanks, DK. I'm better...I don't feel like the zombie I was yesterday. You're probably tired from working hard...sleep is a good thing.

I have tomorrow off (yea!) and I plan to do some sleeping, shopping, cleaning, organizing, etc. Take it easy.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Bamboozle - it was 1-2 mos. for me too. (I had been drinking for about 25 yrs. though.) I felt like I was in a coma for awhile, very lethargic. Everything seemed like a challenge. We put our bodies through so much - sometimes we're even malnourished, & probably haven't slept right in ages. It'll all come around. Congratulations on your decision to quit & begin a new life.