Get Busy Living...We`re Worth it All

Old 08-28-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Cool Get Busy Living...We`re Worth it All

Did you ever find that some days you read or hear the same thing over and over and wonder if it's a coincidence or your HP is trying to tell you something.

Twice today I have heard "You can live in the problem or you can live in the solution...it's up to you to choose."

And twice, not once but twice again, I heard that line from The Shankshaw Redemption `Get busy living or get busy dying`

I think someone is telling me to find some positive energy and start living my life as if it were worthwhile.

Or maybe there`s just an echo in here.

I think I will start by taking a drive in the country tomorrow and picking up some fresh vegetables and fruit at a roadside stand and maybe a fresh pumpkin pie.

And maybe I`ll take some time to stop for a new hairstyle, or at least a trim and a new colour.

My husband begins vacation Monday and we are heading up north of Lake Superior for a week....and I promise you I will be living well in my favourite neck of the woods hiking by day and nice drives looking for bear and moose, and then a nice hotel at the end of the day...with room service of course

A week of no work, no cooking, no housework....just living it well and enjoying each day.

Okay, so maybe we can`t all take a week off and head north, maybe I`m just having a lucky week....but you CAN get busy living if you set your mind to it.

How about you, I double dog dare you to get busy living well this weekend...and of course share it with all of us.

Tell us your plans to get busy living.

Hugs
Old 08-28-2008, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post. Even though my addict has brought some drama into my life, I refuse to give up my yoga, my mountain bike rides in the wooded trails nearby and the fun I have with the 9 year old little girl I mentor.

I agree - it pays to keep up the positive things in life no matter what. It is what has helped me keep my sanity.

thanks for the thought
Old 08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Ann, great post...and the timing is perfect...
I've just put the finishing touches on a long overdue understanding concerning myself in relationship to my AD that has brought me a sense of profound relief and serenity....big wonderful shift of energy...

I'm aware of all of this wonderful free space in my life that is calling me...
So....today I finally applied to do some work with Friends of Tibet...Yesterday I picked up my camera for the first time in a while....

Had my first spiritual counselling session in some time with a client yesterday..Just kinda fell in my lap as they tend to do...It was wonderful...I have missed that work...
Tomorrow I want to spend some time painting, not so great at it but I do it as a therapy(a la Waldorf)
I got 30 mins done on the Gazelle today for the first time since I got it..been working up to that slowly for a month now...
Did anybody find the energy yesterday a bit higher than usual? I had the most amazing day, seriously
Old 08-28-2008, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wow, I love your life and am so glad you found your energy again.

Photography is my hobby too but I can`t paint worth a lick and would love to see a picture of yours when you`re done.

That`s a great example of living well.

Hugs

Last edited by Ann; 08-28-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Troubledone View Post
...I refuse to give up my yoga, my mountain bike rides in the wooded trails nearby and the fun I have with the 9 year old little girl I mentor.

I agree - it pays to keep up the positive things in life no matter what. It is what has helped me keep my sanity.
What a lucky little girl she is to have you to share your life with her. Wooded trails are just the best this time of year as the leaves change and the animals prepare for cooler days ahead.

Positive actions truly do keep us sane.

Hugs
Old 08-28-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

ann, your trip sounds wonderful. go,relax & have fun. as far as living this weekend i will be working.
grateful, i am glad you have some free space. i retired the hospital in 97 & in jan.of this yr. i started work again. supposeablely part time but it has been full time since week 1. this job has taken a lot of energy but it has built a lot of energy. it takes my time so i will have to wait to do the things i would like to do or even need to do. i will have time for me & mr. hope next month when we have a 3 day get away planned for our annerversy.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been living life to the fullest this week at the beach. I love my morning routine...a run for a few miles on the beach, then when I reach my turn around point, I shed my sneakers and socks, tie the laces together and walk back...wading through the water, looking for shells and sea glass and stashing my treasures in my shoes.
Afternoons on the beach...boogie boarding, body surfing, reading a good book and watching the waves. Long walks on the boardwalk, boats on the bay, sunsets...sunrises...family and friends. A picture perfect vacation for my body and my spirit.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

sounds divine, Greet.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IPT

I am heading up to Denali National Park for 5 days..... should ge a great time. With or w/o the AG/F. Hope to see more of these guys (Moose) in the Fall colors. Can't wait to really put the new camera thru it's paces.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
IPT

Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
IPT

Old 08-28-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
IPT

Well, can't seem to upload the image... sorry
Old 08-29-2008, 06:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ann have a great time and be sure to take pictures.

Doing fairly well here-trying to plan a simple party for gram who will be 105 in Sept. She is a wonder and still lives by herself.

I have not hit the woods or fished this yr. but maybe once it freezes and the snakes are gone. I hate snakes.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yesterday, I was fighting the urge all morning to try to "help" with some business that is not my business with my AD daughters car. She is learning to take some responsiblity for her life and it is hard for me to watch. This is when I usually step in and make sure everything is handled.

Then when it makes things worse,(she never learns)my soul dies a little more.

So yesterday, I instead went and got a pedicure and a massage.

I too have that phrase in my head from time to time.

"Get busy living or get busy dying"

3 weeks ago I ended up in the ER with severe dehydration due to a virus that got out of control. The virus got out of control due to taking prilosec which kills all stomach acid. The reason for the stomach acid is fretting about things I cannot control. And you know what, the 2 people I worry about never showed up to help me when I was so sick.

So my doc told me that I should work on the cause of the acid, and that if I don;t I could end up with a disease or condition.

"get busy living or get busy dying"

Oh and my youngest just started college with a 4 year scholorship and he is a great young man. I hate to think of all I have focused on the drama and probably made him feel less than.

He deserves better and so do I.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Good post, Ann.

Well i am working this weekend, but I'll still find the time to jog which I love- I run past lovely farmland- horses, cornfields, weathered old barns... with my ipod playing my favorite tunes.
I recently (just last week) got a 2nd chapbook (that's poetry lingo for a small book of poetry) accepted for publication by Pudding House publishers.
There will also be time this weekend for eating out with hubby, and some other adult fun 'stuff'
mostly I am just done being miserable over whatever my AD does.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

What a wonderful post, Ann!

I can't wait to hear about everyone's special weekend!

Cats
Old 08-30-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by sleepygoat View Post
Good post, Ann.

Well i am working this weekend, but I'll still find the time to jog which I love- I run past lovely farmland- horses, cornfields, weathered old barns... with my ipod playing my favorite tunes.
I recently (just last week) got a 2nd chapbook (that's poetry lingo for a small book of poetry) accepted for publication by Pudding House publishers.
There will also be time this weekend for eating out with hubby, and some other adult fun 'stuff'
mostly I am just done being miserable over whatever my AD does.
Sleepy, that is wonderfully exciting about your poetry being published! think you could share some of it here? I , for one, would love to read it....
Old 08-30-2008, 09:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

i would like to read some of your work also. i love poetry.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

You all are a huge inspiration to me :ghug

I have had a wonderful weekend and am packing today getting ready to head out early tomorrow. I plan to LIVE this week, to soak in the beauty of God`s Country like a sponge, and to take lots of time just to stand in the sunshine and feel the light shining down on me.

Get Busy Living, Live in the Solution....I will remind myself of these each morning because life is precious and I don`t intend to waste another moment.

Love you all, Happy Sunday.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I just got back from a mini-vacation down south to float on and camp by a river and go to a concert... so this weekend I am trying to keep up with everything around the house! But it is actually very nice to have the time to do so, and I have also been rather lazy and caught up on lots of sleep. I am also babysitting my favorite puppy this weekend, and went to the lake on Friday and to a friend's cocktail party last night, and it's just been a very nice time.