Update on Chris

Old 08-28-2008, 11:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BBD

Thumbs up Update on Chris

First of all, my computer has been acting crazy so I haven't been on in a week. Last Sunday, Duey and I went to visit Chris and see his new apartment. It's clean and his frig is stocked so that me made me feel good. He looks fantastic and his job is going well. He's so talented in building and remodeling homes and it looks like he's enjoying his new self. We went out to eat and ran into someone he works with. Nice guy~~a little older than Chris and seems to be an up and coming new friend. All in all things look good on this end. I worry still but its up to Chris and his HP to keep him clean. From all I've read thou its quite hard to stay on the right path without meetings and he's not going to any. He spent one year going along with dating someone that is back in rehab. Hopefully this women doesn't reenter his life when she gets out. That relationship really didn't help either of them. So~~for today we are OK but I'm still a little on pins and needles here. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 08-28-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((BBD)))

Glad you had a nice visit with Chris.

Although meetings are very helpful to a lot of people, many people recover without them. When we want recovery bad enough, we find a way. Chris's actions look pretty darn good to me.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

I agree with Amy, meeting are helpful for some people but that's not what makes sobriety for everyone, a lot of people do just fine without them. Sound like he is doing really well.
Maybe rest the pins and needles for awhile and relax on some bean bags for now.
He sounds great. Rest and Relax you deserve it.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Bonnie , thank you for the update..I am happy to hear that you all had such a wonderful visi tand Chris sounds like he is doing great!
I hear you when you say "so for today we are okay"
Enjoy today, give thanks for today...(.no awfullizing, now).....the future is not written and the past is done....., grateful
Old 08-28-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

So~~for today we are OK but I'm still a little on pins and needles here. Hugs, Bonnie
My dear friend, from now on.........................please start allowing yourself exactly 1 hour a day to worry, for 2 weeks. Then cut it down to exactly 45 minutes a day for 2 weeks, then 1/2 hour a day..............................you get the idea.

That will also start to show you how much MORE TIME you will have to do fun things and focus on things that YOU ENJOY.

Whether the girlfriend comes back into his life or not.......................NOT YOUR PROBLEM, lol

Come on now, you are doing better, much better.

Now that your computer has calmed down, lol how about telling us some of the things you are doing for you?

Just a thought.

Lots of love and hugs,
Old 08-28-2008, 04:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BBD

Hey laurie, I know I need to control the worry with myself and believe me~~~I'm trying. As for the funstuff!!! We do have a fun week-end planned. Friends are riding their harleys up from Delaware and will arrive tomorrow. It's happy hour and dinner~ then off to hear a fantastic band for the evening. Sat. will be "ride" day and off to dinner again at the lake. Sunday is up in the air for now and we'll wing that day. I do have calmer nights and have been able to sleep the night through.. I know your right with all your suggestions and I am a good listener so keep them coming. Hugs hon, Bonnie
Old 08-28-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Gee, Bon, I'm a little envious, sounds like you are gonna have a blast! things are a little quiet in my little corner
Old 08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

glad things went well with your visit. one day clean for an addict is a miracle so live in today. enjoy it. sounds like you are in for a great weekend.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Your son seems to be fine today.
Maybe your focus and worry about him is wasted energy that you can now
free up for yourself.

Glad things are stable.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I couldn't stay clean without meetings (believe me I tried and failed), but I know more than one addict who has stayed clean for years without them. And then of course, the converse is also true - when those who go to meeings relapse anyway. It's a baffling disease and we dont know everything yet. So just taking it one day at a time and when its good be grateful, sounds like a good plan to me!

Thanks for checking in with the update.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am glad that Chris is on the right path and that you are learning to let go. It is so much more peaceful that way. Have fun this weekend. Hugs, Marle