new behavior

Old 08-27-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new behavior

My husband had been going out during the evening after work. This evening he didn't get home till ten. It's clear he's drinking. This evening I fiund and empty bottle of smirnoff in a brown paper bag, inside of a box. Hes' drinking more at home, and is moody and irratic (spelling). The hidden empty bottle really concerns me. Any advice?
Old 08-27-2008, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The only advice I have is to let go your AH's problems and figure out what your want for your lfie and what you can do. Now, this does not necessarily mean leaving him (althought that is indeed what I chose to do). Many have remained married to their AHs and dealt with it.

You cannot change your husband, you cannot control what he does or doesn't do, you cannot cure him. All that is up to him.

You can come to understand alcoholism, how it effects you and what you can change in your life to make it what you want your life to be.

Keep reading and posting. This is a great place for support for you.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome to SR reallyWonderin! Glad that you found us! Sorry that you are going through this right now...please check out the stickies at the top of the forum as they are filled with a wealth of information! There are books listed there that are very helpful in learning about alcoholism and about ourselves!

We can only change ourselves as I know what your husband is doing is
a big concern for you right now-with the empty bottles and the behavior however you could try to confront him and see what happens from there. Trying to get him to stop is not going to be for you to decide only for him!

Keep us posted there is a lot of support here!