He finallhy did it. I met HER.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Angry He finallhy did it. I met HER.

Well, it was bound to happen eventually. As some of you know, I have this ??? friend (friend - so he claims) who I am certain now is a very bad actor. We talked about his being a DD. All I can say is that I am observing his behavior.

We worked at the new building for a long, tiring day and this is just the "beginning". We were overseeing the unloading of a big moving van of stuff - moving it into another van for storage for a month until the new employees come in from California.

At any rate, he and I talked about jumping in the car and going to NY again - I would have done it, but I was "saved" from what could have been another very expensive trip for me - emotionally and financially. I left for the dentist in his big, beautiful car and when I came back with jumper cables, back medicine for his back, soft drink, he told me no trip would happening due to ... whatever he had discussed with the counselor - that I've been going to, too.

Now, the clencher! He said his new girl friend was on her way over to see the new building - she was in the area. Ha! Well, folks I acted very pleasant and ladylike. Enjoyed meeting her and am so very glad she has come into the picture, because as far as I am concerned "play time" with me is over! I told him nicely, too, that I want to spend that trip money on getting my son's house painted. What a jerk!

He has continued to say he wants ours to be "the greatest friendship" ever. I say, nice work, if you can do it, buddy! I'll be your friend, but I won't be your fool! I'm taking care of me and I hope he and his latest "new" love go off into the moonlight and find happiness ever after. Go! Go! Go! Bye! Bye!
Old 07-16-2003, 08:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Still Learning

Sometimes seeing is believing, and I think you came out a winner here.

Just look after yourself and take some of that trip money and spoil yourself rotten.
Old 07-17-2003, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Ann,
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm just amazed at the "audacity" and "pomposity" and "grandiosity" of my (friend???). It's a wonderful lesson for me to keep me reminded of how far I've come and how strong I really am in being able to make choices that are good for me.

Today is "my vacation day" to do whatever I want the whole darned day - be it work or play! I'll listen to music, work here at my computer, swim (already did it), plan a nice evening for myself - without him! Boundaries are GOOD!

Go!Go!Go! Bye-Bye! (message to DD & his LL - lady love)
Old 07-17-2003, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good for you. The nicest thing we can do for ourselves...is to do nice things for ourselves.

It's beautiful here today too, so I will take my daily "stop and smell the roses" walk, play in my garden, and one particularly important thing...I will "restore' my hair to it's "Natural" colour LOL.

Have you tried any meetings yet?? They too are wonderful gifts we can give ourselves. You seem brave and adventurous...what say?
Old 07-18-2003, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,

First off what does DD mean? Dumb Dunce?

Stilllearning I wouldn't waste anytime being "friends" with him. He's just a creep, you deserve better.

Ngaire
Old 07-18-2003, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Myles, I am with you.....I thought maybe it was Designated Driver!

Sounds like you're much better off now! Enjoy spending that money on yourself......I would start with a big fudge brownie delight!!!! OH, or go to the beach with a girlfriend!!! Now we're talking, sand, surf, tropical breezes!

Constant
Old 07-18-2003, 05:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

You all are wonderful! Thank you so much. I needed feedback and encouragement! Going swimming in a few minutes, getting my pedicure & manicure, going out tonight with FoodChain group - a mix of people who try different restaurants around town - different people each time. Fun!

ALLOWING DD to be and me to be me!

ALLOWING (Let Go, Let God).

WOW!
Old 07-18-2003, 09:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ngaire