feeling guilty

Old 08-27-2008, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

feeling guilty

I'm pretty sure my AH has no clue I'm leaving. I haven't had a conversation/fight with him in about 8 weeks now... I've just been polite. He's content with this loveless relationship and I feel like I'm emotionally starving. It was so hard not to warn him last night. I can't let him know though, I can't give him the chance to take DD before I do. The lawyer said if he takes her it could be 9 weeks before the temp. custody comes through to get her back. I can't take that chance. I just feel so guilty. I'm going to nuke him from orbit and he doesn't have a clue!

I know this is nothing compared what he's done to me the past 10 years, but the heart doesn't listen to the brain. I have to constantly keep myself in check. These are going to be a rough couple of days. Now post a bunch of stuff reminding me I'm doing the right thing. Come on, I need you to pump me up.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Stop feeling guilty for taking care of yourself and your daughter! Its what God means you to do!

Seriously, let go your unearned guilt. You are doing nothing wrong, therefore nothing to feel guilty about.

Want me to knock you upside the head?
Old 08-27-2008, 10:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING!

Perhaps this will be the wake up call he needs to rebuld his life as a sober man. Either way, you are taking yourself and your DD out of a bad situation and rebuilding your lives for the better!
Old 08-27-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are absolutely doing the right thing for yourself and your child.

If there is any guilt to own it’s HIS guilt let him own it, don't own it for him.

Keep posting, you’ve got a tremendous support group here with some pretty terrific people.

Stay strong!!!!
Old 08-27-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

yes, please knock me upside the head. Sometimes I need it.

I know I'm doing right. Sometimes you just need to hear it one more time...

I think I'm just having one of those needy days... I made a co-worker tell me I was pretty in exchange for a pretzel.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justaboutus View Post
I made a co-worker tell me I was pretty in exchange for a pretzel.

LMAO - whether or not you intended it, this is hilarious! Don't worry.......we all have days when we need an extra dose of encouragement and attention. Heaven knows you're not getting it at home. Have you considered getting a massage, manicure, something like that? Sometimes a little physical contact with another human, even if it's paid-for, can get those feel-good endorphins going....always works for me anyway.

You're doing what will be least traumatic for your daughter. Play the tape all the way through -- he takes her, and what happens while you're waiting to be able to get her back? What is she told? What's her life like? What happens when you have to wrench her away?

You have nothing to feel guilty about.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

Well, I'm glad you agreed it was funny rather than pathetic. I really need a back rub. I'm going to hit my brother up for one this weekend.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's the best way to go, at least you won't have to deal with the quacking and manipulation
Old 08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're doing the right thing for yourself and your daughter. Be strong, you can do it, we are here for you.

Fake it till you make it - that got me thru the worst of it till I left and the first few days too.

Keep reading and posting - K
Old 08-27-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think you guys are all fantastic and give the absolute perfect advice and support.
You are all god sends!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have a 7 year old son and every time I question whether I'm doing the right thing by letting go of the A in my life - I just look at my son...

You ARE doing the right thing - you are taking care of YOU!! Have faith in that and be strong!:codiepolice
Old 08-28-2008, 06:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

Today is a better day. Feeling much stronger... Thanks guys!!

I've decided to make the compliments for pretzels a standing offer...
Old 08-28-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by justaboutus View Post
I've decided to make the compliments for pretzels a standing offer...

I think that's a great idea. It will help people get into the habit too. Muscle memory for giving compliments, all that. You're doing a public service.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Rediscovering myself

Ahhh... now I can write off pretzels on my tax return
Old 08-28-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sorry, JustAbout....I am still laughing over the pretzel!!!
You are doing a great job!! Never doubt your decisions when you are protecting your family! Things will get easier as time goes on.

BTW, I think the phrase "Nuke him from orbit" is pretty darn funny too! You've made my day!!