Would it be bad to ask the Dr. for his opinion

Old 08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Would it be bad to ask the Dr. for his opinion

on whether he feels that AH is stable enough to have unsupervised visitations right now? AH had an appointment with our family doctor last week. I know that he can't tell me what AH said and that is fine. But based on his behaviors with the things that he has been saying and basically seeing the kids when it is convienent for him, I question whether he is stable enough. If it were up to me I would just ask for the supervised visitations. However, since I have only bad feelings and opinions for him and just about every word out of him mouth is something manipulative I don't even know what to believe from him.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you think supervised visitation is best, then go for that. Your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to your kids.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
If you think supervised visitation is best, then go for that. Your opinion is the only one that matters when it comes to your kids.
Ditto.

Perhaps you can write down the reasons you believe it is in your childrens' best interest to have supervised vs. unsupervised visitation. If you see in black and white the reasons you feel the way you do maybe you can remove the emotion.

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2008, 10:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Retired Pro Drunk

In my experience, GP's (general practice doctors) know less than squat about mental health and substance abuse issues.

In addition, I don't know how any doctor can judge a person's emotional/mental stability without conducting a psychiatric interview/testing.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Go with your gut, it sends us some pretty powerfull messages