Oh My God

Old 08-26-2008, 06:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Oh My God

If it wasn't so sad, it would be funny. Monday, I get home, expecting to work on putting in tile for the kitchen. Of course, the AW ruins that plan, as she is totally wrecked, and cooking ribs on the grill.

She cusses out the neighbor, flips him off, and snarls at me. We then sit down to watch some TV, and she passes out. I'm stuck cooking the ribs, which I don't know when they were put on, and basically taking care of the dogs etc.

Then the youngest comes home, with his friend. She wakes up, and its readily apparent that she's trashed. He's mortified. After eating dinner at 9:00 PM, she starts drinking more. She also detects that her pants are wet. Yep...

Oh well.

Redd
Old 08-26-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How's that escape plan coming along?
Old 08-26-2008, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nothing changes til something changes.
Old 08-26-2008, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Redd,

You know the drill. This isn't changing. The story is the same. Her booze winds up on the floor and now she's peeing in her pants. Are you going to have to clean up the couch too, like you had to clean up the floor? Did you really have to finish cooking the ribs? Letting the dinner she started wind up turning into ashes seems like a pretty small consequence. I wish you would have left and gotten yourself some dinner. Or taken the kid with you to dinner.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

((Redd))

hate that you & your son experienced that scene - it is very painful to watch our loved ones on that destructive path.

What has helped me was to plan ahead - to find another way when those things happen - either other plans for supper, leave the house, go to another part of the house, whatever I needed to do to distance myself from the active person.

Try to keep working on those healthy decisions for you & your family,

HUGS,
Rita
Old 08-26-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Red I forget, you have two step children in their late teens early twenties? Do they have their Father to stay with if they're minors? Is it a possibility for your wife to leave?
Old 08-26-2008, 11:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, they can stay with their fathers. The wife can move back with her ex. At that point, we will do divorce. The problem is going to be in selling the house. I can handle the rest.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm surprised her ex would invite that sort of hell back. He must not come to this website.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You really need to get out of there.