My house is officially all mine now

Old 08-24-2008, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My house is officially all mine now

Ok, mine and the mortgage company's LOL. My ex AH finally gave me the signed quit claim deed this am, now it just needs to be filed at the courthouse!

Our divorce has been final for over a month now, the original plan was to have him do it in court at the final hearing but of course he decided not to show up to try and delay things (my attorney had to file a notice of default and wait 21 days to get the final papers stamped). I gave him the deed two weeks ago (he picks our son up on Sunday's). The next night my son calls to tell me "Dad is drunk and yelling that you are stealing the house from him and he is not signing anything" (here we go again, every time he gets divorce paperwork there is unnecessary drama). I ask my son if everything is ok and does he want me to come and get him, he says no he is in his room ignoring his dad, I tell him to call if he needs anything (he is 14 and has his own cell phone) and try to not let it ruin my evening.

I decide to nip this latest round of nonsense in the bud and call exAH the next am at work(when he is most likely to be sober) and tell him that he WILL sign the deed as part of our divorce settlement he agreed to and signed unless he wants to end up in court for comtempt and that I will report to the court that he is drinking while our son is in his custody and he will lose his two nights visitation and that if I EVER hear again that he is drunk and shooting his big mouth off again he will be in deep sh*t. I must have sounded really mad because he called our son that night and apologized and retracted everything he said. He took his sweet time taking the deed to the bank 3 blocks from his house to sign it and have it notarized but I let it go and didn't ask him to return it until yesterday.

Now I only have two more things to deal with, getting the ex off our home and auto ins and getting his cell phone off my account (his contract finally expired).
Old 08-24-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awakening

Originally Posted by hadenoughnow View Post
decide to nip this latest round of nonsense in the bud and call exAH the next am at work(when he is most likely to be sober) and tell him that he WILL sign the deed as part of our divorce settlement he agreed to and signed unless he wants to end up in court for comtempt and that I will report to the court that he is drinking while our son is in his custody and he will lose his two nights visitation and that if I EVER hear again that he is drunk and shooting his big mouth off again he will be in deep sh*t.
Nice job standing up to him. He crumbled like all bullies....I rest my case about drunks/bullies. That's been my experience as well.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote
Old 08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((hadenoughnow)))))

Way to go!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Whooooo Hooooooo great news
Old 08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Old 08-24-2008, 02:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Way to stand up for what you deserve!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

yay! I'm so happy for you! You did good!
Old 08-25-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Way to go! Congrats to you on the house :bounce