It's Over!!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's Over!!

I have come to the place in my life with my AH where there is a fork in the road.. One road continues to lead me down the path of destruction, which I have been consumed with for the past 5 years... The drugs, the lies, the cheating, stealing, worrying, OBSESSING & heartache. The other road ( although it may be a little rocky at first ).. Leads me and my babies away from all of these things.. I saw an attorney friday, and filed my divorce papers.. I know that it is going to get much harder, before it gets any easier.. But I have to do this for my own sanity, but most importantly, for the sake of my children.. So please keep us in your thoughts.!!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Kate I am glad you have made a decision that will be in the best interest of you and your children. It is hard to end a marriage but it sounds like you have weighed your options and need to do this to find happiness and stability. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way and some extra hugs too.
Old 08-23-2008, 08:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like the ending of one chapter and the beginning of another. As good as this is for you and your little ones, I imagine it's still very painful and difficult, so sending you lots of good thoughts.

:ghug3
Old 08-23-2008, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

man! Good for you. You are right - it might get tougher in the short run but maybe not. Hang tight - you know when you are doing the right thing for you and your babies. You will be absolutely fine. If you are strong enough to do what you have done then you are strong enough to continue to see it through. There is no hope for a relationship when someone is in active addiction. The only thing that you can do is take care of yourself. Take a great big breath and know that you are going to be just fine - HP says so!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IPT

good luck. After 5 years you know what that life is like. I think the new one will suit you your family well.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Kate....I know I don't know you, but I am proud of you for this. This is a big step , as anyone in this situation can relate. For myself, I feel I am still in an earlier stage of this, but also feel that leaving is the best choice for myself and my child. I know it IS the right thing, yet, I find myself questioning it...or rather....looking on my situation from the outside; making exscuses to stay, or convincing myself it's really not so bad. I liken this stage I'm presently in , to the stage an addict goes through...I know I need to make a change, but still in denial. I hope that one day soon I find the answers and the strength that I need, to also follow through, to make a better life for my baby and me. I do realize how hard this process is for you, and I hope you find some comfort (even a small one), in knowing , that you really are NOT alone (no matter how it may feel that way), and that you serve as an inspiration to myself, and many others in similiar positions. I'm rambling. ...CONGRATULATIONS!
Old 08-24-2008, 02:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tough decision. I did this almost two weeks ago and every day it's getting better and easier to cope without all the insanity. Stay strong and good luck - K
Old 08-24-2008, 04:17 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Kate.... You are one strong woman! Good for you that you did what you believe is right for you and the kids. I did the same thing. It is a rough and it is sad, but you will find peace and you will know that you are getting healthy and living, not surviving a bad situation. We are here for you. Keep coming back. Take it in tiny steps and keep moving forward.
Old 08-24-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
rozied

Dear Kate, I did this myself many yrs ago. I also had 2 children. It wasn't easy but in the long run, was the best thing I could have done. I went back to school & graduated college. Aftrer 10 yrs on my own I met & married Jim. We will be married 24 yrs this Nov.
Enjoy your life without the destruction of addiction.