Notices

Lovely LOVELY relapse Dreams Zzzzzz......WTH???

Old 08-23-2008, 05:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lovely LOVELY relapse Dreams Zzzzzz......WTH???

I had a lot of them right before I got out of my TC (treatment center) and that of course made sense; stressing about being on the outside, not having the four walls to protect me, the pending UT's when I return from pass, blah, blah, blah..........they are annoying and of course they seem so real at the time.

This morning I dreamt that I was at an AA meeting with my girls after drinking cocktails trying to hide my breath and trying to decide if I should tell anyone about what I did????? URGH!!!!! I DO have almost a year (YAY!!!!!!!) so then there was that, "almost a year and I blew it!!!"

The only good thing about those nightmares is that when I wake up I lay there for a minute and think "Did I drink? Am I still sober? Did I screw up?" and then I'm relieved because I know that I didn't. STUPID DREAMS!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I thought that I would put this in here because until I got to the TC I never knew anything about "using dreams" and "relapse dreams" and well sure enough I have them just like so many others. It's not so bad though. To me it just shows that I really care or I wouldn't be having the stressful dreams in the first place and feeling so concerned that I screwed up my recovery because I know that I CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! I'm a dork.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Ha...! I have them too.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

They're great to wake up from. The last one I had last week, I dream-picked up with Foster's, a p*** weak beer the Aussies have somehow successfully flooded the English market with.
My dream-self has low standards..what about a fine Chablis?
Old 08-23-2008, 05:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JigOfLife View Post
They're great to wake up from. The last one I had last week, I dream-picked up with Foster's, a p*** weak beer the Aussies have somehow successfully flooded the English market with.
My dream-self has low standards..what about a fine Chablis?
LOL or maybe just a nice big "Box-O-'Whine'" I think my insides just recoiled on me.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Yeah, I get those dreams fairly often. I call them nightmares. The boogie man for me is a bottle of booze.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My sponsor has over 20 years sober and she still has them every once in a while. Just a reminder that alcoholism NEVER goes away.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lol...a box-o-wine was ALWAYS in my fridge! Way more booze for the buck. Sure it curdled my insides..but only the first few glasses.

I haven't had a drinking dream in awhile...but in the beginning I sure did! When I was pregnant I would have them...wake up terrified that I'd drank while pregnant (never did!)...and be so relieved everything was still ok. It really is an eye-opener, hm?
Old 08-23-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
. It really is an eye-opener, hm?
Right, that was no pun intended, right? Sleeping, nightmare, relapse dream??? LOL!!!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I had a relapse dream last night... It scared the crap out of me. I was mad at myself in the dream, wondering what the hell was wrong with me... Then I woke up soooo relieved that I will still be celebrating my 6 months sober tomorrow.