Notices

Ewwww...rotten attitude

Old 08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down Ewwww...rotten attitude

Okay...I have a confession. Jules just ruined her rep by being a softie and we love it. But I've been a pretty happy little camper here so far. Honestly though, since Tuesday my mood has been in the toilet. I don't want to drink, haven't had any major cravings, nothing I couldn't handle at least but my attitude is rotten and I don't like it.

I'm getting all twisted up about stupid stuff. I'm becoming one of "those" people. You know the ones: negative things coming out of my mouth, groaning when the phone rings, flipping the bird to bad drivers, feeling "icky" on the inside. I keep trying to laugh it off but inside I'm like WTF? Kathleen. What is wrong with you? I am not like this. Well, we all get in our little moods but this has lasted about 4 days and it's just not like me to be such a crabby b*tch 24/7.

So I was wondering....can we have a seance here or something? To drive out my negative emotions. They surely must be coming from the devil. An exorcism? Seriously I would like some advise. I know it will pass. I know don't drink but what to do in the mean time if anything? Just be patient and ride it out? Or is some way I can head this off at the pass. I don't like being such a grumpy angry person all the time. :wtf2
Old 08-23-2008, 12:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Try sitting down and writing about it luv. Not here. I know, it sounds

sucky..but it a good tool to find out what eating at you. Don't tackle

too much at once, especially if it triggers a lot of emotion you feel you

cannot handle alone. Come back and "talk it out"..privately here if you

don't want to share it on the open.

Just a suggestion.

Easy does it...

Hugs friend
Old 08-23-2008, 12:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Hrmm... could you be having your period soon? I turn into mega-evil-ultra-cow just before I get mine. (On a side note "mega-evil-ultra-cow" would be a great action hero...)

I take Evening Primrose Oil to help with moods - and B2 is good to get rid of stress. Apparently, I have no idea if they actually work. Running helps me feel better. Once I finish my run I feel energised and just a general sense of happiness. Getting the motivation to run when you're feeling crabby is hard though - make yourself go out, take the dogs for a stroll maybe? Physical activity is meant to stimulate enorphines or something that make you happy.

Look up "Talking dogs" on YouTube - that should give you a chuckle... I love the "I want it!" dog.

I usually try to talk away my bad moods. If I start thinking something crappy I make myself stop and then start day dreaming about what I'd do if I won a million dollars (give half to my parents then travel the world after treating my friends to a trip to Vegas lol).

Seriously though, I hope you're feeling better soon. It sucks to feel grouchy.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well I have no idea what you're talking about Kathleen...I never get like that

OK ok I know - 'nuff already...

It could just be - you're 30 days in - mind body and soul take a while to heal...I was insanely up and down there for a while...it's one of the reasons why this recovery thing sucks so hard.

I think you're doing well - keep doing it

D

ps Jules is a softie?
Old 08-23-2008, 12:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ps Jules is a softie?
If I can't keep picking on Jules then I'm out of here!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

LMAO have you not read my posts?

no no please...be my guest....

D
Old 08-23-2008, 12:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

OOOOOOHHHMMMMMM!!!
I cast you out...vile ...filthy ....evil..ickies!!!!

OOOPPPSS!!!! Oh well..your smiling..right??

Hope you feel better!!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ha...love the goat with the braces Chiynita. Yes, it did make me laugh and that's still the best medicine I know of.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Chiy, that was funny.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Can I just say that I have no idea what the problem is-all sounds perfectly normal to me......LMAO!

I'm sorry-I'm not being flippant-I'm just so laughing at being used as such an awful example

No-seriously-I just want to say-this is normal K I think it's part of the progression from moving past the 'I didn't drink today woo hoo' crap-to 'this is my new life and I'm a bit scared about how to deal with all these emotions I used to drink away and now can't'

It's quite a transition and not an easy one-but it does get easier over time( a loooooong time-sorry)

My father said something to me recently that made me laugh though-and he was probably inadvertantly referring to me.He said 'Jules-some people were real assholes when they were drinkers.Then they sober up and-now they're just sober assholes' LOL(he's been sober over 30 years now)

I just laughed! I don't think you're one of them though.(for the record)I just think you're learning to feel again after being numb for a long time.It'll pass-I promise(unless you're like me and just remain a grouchy b*tch because-well-that's what I am-with occassional exceptions.....lol)

I'd hug you, but.....

Jxox
Old 08-23-2008, 01:15 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My father said something to me recently that made me laugh though-and he was probably inadvertantly referring to me.He said 'Jules-some people were real assholes when they were drinkers.Then they sober up and-now they're just sober assholes' LOL(he's been sober over 30 years now)
I love that and it's so TRUE.

Can I just say that I have no idea what the problem is-all sounds perfectly normal to me......LMAO!
Good. I really just wanted to get a feel for if it was "normal" (whatever the hell that is). Otherwise, everything is good and nothing is bothering me but stupid little tiny annoying things. I'm not drinking, which I don't think I'm bitter about (?), work is good, friends, love this site, really really like talking to you and Dee to keep my wit sharp and keep laughing at myself............

Thanks Jules - Want to join me in the cuddle thread after this? (Oh hell no!!)
Old 08-23-2008, 01:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You're welcome and oh yes-I'm always up for a cuddle :wtf2.....(when hell freezes over.....)

LOL!

My father is a very astute man and one of the few people in A.A I respect .I don't do A.A-but well-is that hard to imagine? Good luck to anyone wanting to sponsor me

Jxox
Old 08-23-2008, 01:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

lol you guys make me laugh, thank you
Old 08-23-2008, 01:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Good luck to anyone wanting to sponsor me?
They'd surely go back to drinking after attempting that Jules
Old 08-23-2008, 01:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ROTFL

Oh-I just can't post what I want to here without possibly getting banned-but yes-LOL

I have to go to bed now.Thanks for the laughs (and even the love....yada yada yada....)

Julesxox
Old 08-23-2008, 01:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

and I'm off for my dinner...really going now....LOL

Hope things seem brighter tomorrow Kathleen

bye
Old 08-23-2008, 02:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

At 30 days I was Jeckyl and Hyde, I also remember rapid mood swings so being in a bit of a mood sounds normal to me.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:41 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Old 08-23-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Ha ha...what do you see in the crystal ball Rusty Zipper? A b*tch?
Old 08-23-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i know when we have attended family sessions at my daughter's rehabs - we talked a lot about feelings. we were told to keep them real simple - today i am ...

glad
happy
sad
angry
afraid

then, we were told to be grateful that

for the folks that were in recovery from addiction - that they were clean and sober enough today to be able to "feel" their feelings

and for those of us recovering from being the loved ones/friends of alcoholics/addicts - that the chaos had subsided enough today that we able to stop spinning around long enough to "feel" our feelings.

i thought that was a pretty good way to approach it.

hope this helps, HEAD FRY COOK OF STATE....