A victory....... of sorts, I guess.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A victory....... of sorts, I guess.

Well, mixed feelings, for sure, but last night was relapse #3 (when do you stop counting and consider that they are just going to always be relapsing, I wonder) and that's the bummer part. The GOOD, part ("good"?) was that we had agreed that IF he drank, he would not "bring it home" and he wouldn't continue to send me hateful and blaming texts to try to engage in drama. Well....... this is an absolute FIRST, but he called to tell me that he had "had a few" and wouldn't be coming home....... "cuz that's what I wanted, right..... well, right? I mean, did I REALLY want him to spend all that money on a hotel...... it was only one beer, actually, so did I REALLY want that...." quack.... quack......quack.....

Well, I don't want to waste(!) money on a hotel room (!), but my friend put it wonderfully....
After receiving the one and only text of the night from my AH: "one beer, $150 dollar hotel room" , my friend immediately responded: "one peaceful night at home..... PRICELESS!"

LOL, I LOVE THAT! So, that's my story. Boy, you just gotta find humor in these stories sometimes, right?
Old 08-22-2008, 06:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

And perhaps it will be the last 150.00 (plus beer and tip) he spends for one night! Good for you for not saying, Oh alright, one beer--it's okay, come home! Cos that'd be a hard one for me. You stuck to it! Good on you!
Old 08-22-2008, 08:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

Good for you~~~~stand your ground and even if that story is priceless~~~I'm glad you shared it with us..Hugs, Bonnie
Old 08-22-2008, 08:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That peaceful night is priceless....
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I set this boundry with my AH too. Now if he gets to drunk to drive (usually when he can't stand up at all) when he is out, he stays at one of his drinking buddy's houses. This happens now about once a week. It is nice not having him stink up the sheets, miss the toilet, and snore like crazy on those nights. I totally understand. PRICELESS!!!

PS: Love the Dori Fish! My kid's love Finding Nemo!
Old 08-23-2008, 12:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
DII

I applaud you as well. This is always tough.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:29 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good job!!! And if your AH lies like mine, I doubt it was only 1 beer. And I don't know where he stayed, but I think he probably could have found a cheaper hotel. His choice, both about the beers and the hotel. Sounds like he was trying to minimize the beer count and maximize the cost of the hotel to make you feel guilty. GLAD GLAD GLAD it didn't work.

One weekend day, my AH got tanked. I left with the kids. When I left, I was petrified. I signed into a hotel with a fake name, afraid of what he was going to do. However, when we got to the hotel, the kids loved it! They swam, we got to eat out and I surfed the net while they watched movies that night. The next morning I called AH. He was so sorry. Whatever, at least we got out of there. He never mentioned the cost to me either. I don't think he wanted to debate the cost of the hotel to the insanity he was bringing us that day.