Notices

Newb, Day one quiting hydrocodone

Old 08-21-2008, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newb, Day one quiting hydrocodone

I didn't even know anything about websites like this even existing. Glad I found it, very helpful stuff I've found so far.

Let me start of by telling you about my addiction & how it started. I broke my back riding a bike, that's right a BMX bicycle. I was about 30 & trying to recapture my youth & keep in shape. I was riding w/ my brother & his kids. We were crossing a gully & the only way to get across was to ride over a 2x6 board. My wheel slipped off & I went head first into the gully compressing my spine breaking T4-T7. It's been a little over four years now since I've been on hydrocodone & I'm tired of being medicated. I want to feel normal again. I was taking anywhere from 3-6 10/325mg a day. I've quite cold turkey before for about a month so, I know how hard it is & I know how easy it is to relapse. I've only relapsed about 3 or 4 months now but since the relapse I've always kept my intake to 3 & under. I've been wanting to stop again so I've been weening myself for the last couple of weeks taking half pills at a time. Once I was down to taking 2 halves a day for about 2 weeks I decided this is it so, Yesterday morning I took my last half & started feeling withdrawls that night. Today was my 1st full day & it's what I expected, I got all the withdrawls symptoms. I must say I doing a little better than last time,I'm thinking thanks to me weening myself.

Looking forward to the support.
Criggy
Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Criggy,

Welcome and glad you found this site. There's a substance abuse forum also on this site that you might also find very helpful. So glad to see you here..........
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
There's a substance abuse forum also on this site that you might also find very helpful..........
Did I post this in the wrong topic? if so, I don't mind if a MOD feels it need to be moved to the propper (substance abuse) topic area.

Thanks,
Criggy
Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 08-21-2008, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jig

Welcome Criggy,

Good to see you mate.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Criggy, Welcome....

You did nothing wrong...many members use several Forums.
And I see you did share in
Substance Abuse too. Good!

Keep moving forward...glad you are here with us...