Cost of Cocaine

Old 08-20-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cost of Cocaine

Can anybody tell me how much $20 of coke is? Or what amount of damage it can do? I don't know anything about this drug from personal experience (thank God), but would really appreciate it if someone can inform me on that. Thank you.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I have very old reference to this BUT it used to be that $20 could get you a 1/4 gram of coke. Amount of damage? Well I would say it gives you a taste to do whatever you have to get more.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah but if the person (my hubby) claims he only bought a $20 bag of coke cuz he hit rock bottom when I threw his "you know what" in jail.... says like a relapse. Hmmmm... he's been on this stuff for years, but lately says he's been clean since July 4 till last Saturday when that happened. Think were only excuses to get back on, that's what I think.
Old 08-20-2008, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know its that gut feeling that always causes our arguments, and I know he's lying. There's always more than what he admits. Somehow other things pop up in time & then its no longer what he said before. I hate this.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know what I need to do, but after 20 yrs its so hard to walk away @ the same time I'll feel I put so much effort into this marriage all these yrs so it wouldn't be another divorce statistic. He knows all this too well. Hope God gives me the strength to walk away..... real soon. So for now I'll continue to pray to God as usual "God fix this man or take him out of my life".
Thank you all for your support & information. Feels good to know I'm not the one crazy after all.:ghug
Old 08-20-2008, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you ever heard the story of the drowning man who called to God to save him?

Alone and treading water in the middle of the sea, he was soon visited by a navy vessel. The crew offered help, but the man refused.

"God will save me!", he asserted, "I wait upon Him!"

Then, a cargo ship arrived, but the man refused again.

When a helicopter hovered above and lowered a rope, the man refused.

Later, the man drowned to death and was face to face with God Himself.

"Why didn't you save me, Lord?", asked the man.

"What? I sent two boats and a helicopter", replied God, "What more was I to do?"
Old 08-20-2008, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by smiley70 View Post
"God fix this man or take him out of my life".
"God helps him who helps himself"

I love Hello-Kitty's story!

Don't get ahead of yourself by thinking that any action on your part means divorce especially if divorce isn't acceptable

take it one day/step at a time

(((hugs)))
Old 08-20-2008, 08:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I dont have much advice on the relationship part. I try to stay away from voicing my opinion about that. I wouldnt have anything nice to say. So you know what they say. Dont say anyhting at all.
I really agree with anvil.
To me cocaine is cocaine. Whether it be $20 or $1000. Its all the same. And 9 times out of ten. It just snowballs. There is no moderation when it comes to cocaine. I dont care who you are.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I agree with Trish (Chi). If I ever said I spent $20 on crack, that meant I spent $20 at one time....but I did it several times a day.

I hope you can put your focus on you. He's going to do what he wants to do, regardless of what you do or say.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-21-2008, 07:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

When my AH told me he spent $20 on cocaine, I knew right away that it wasn't powder cocaine - it was crack. $20 here and there adds up and he's using again. Period.