Notices

Sleep deprivation 50 hours

Old 08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sleep deprivation 50 hours

Hi all

I haven't been sleeping for more 5 than 50 hours and i still can not fall asleep. I'm doing alcohol withdrawal at home, now 3 days without alcohol. I't hard to write, my hands shaking, but i'm afraid of sleep. Have you ever had such a long period with no sleep, no at all? can't write more.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR!!! Why are you "afraid" to sleep? Or is it that you are just "unable"? How much have you been drinking prior to this? Are you eating? Sleep deprivation can really mess with your mind and body! Should you go to the ER?????!!!

Praying for you!
Old 08-19-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Did you talk to your dr before beginning detox? Alcohol detox can be very dangerous.

It might be a good idea to talk to your dr about your sleep problems, but it is likely that things will improve as time goes by.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I had a horrible time sleeping when I went through withdrawal. I always wrote in my journal, say goodbye to sleep for about 4-5 days. I chant this little phrase in my head when I have insomnia - Rest is 80% of sleep. Rest is 80% of sleep. So put in a peaceful dvd lay down and try to relax as much as possible. This too shall pass.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

If things are getting serious, you might want to go to the ER. As Anna said, detox can be dangerous. Is there anyone you trust that you can talk to face to face? It would be a good idea to let someone know what's going on so they can help you if things get scary.