One step at a time

Old 08-17-2008, 12:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One step at a time

I've been taking mini steps to help myself.

1) I set up a new checking account in just my name just to make sure he can't touch my paycheck. He never did but could have since his name was on the account.

2) Went to Al-Anon Thursday and Saturday and an AA meeting Friday. I felt loads better after both the Al-Anon meetings.

3) Going to a baseball game tonight WITHOUT HIM. even though he was initially supposed to go, he isn't now and I'm ok with that.

4) Have reached out to my girlfriend and let her know what's going on again. She's a good support.

5) Started finishing my furniture which has been sitting in the basement for months waiting for him to stain it. I finally thought, just do it. Who cares if it's not perfect? I did the headboard. Apparently, he felt guilty and or inspired and has done the rest. It was NOT my intention to make him feel guilty. I just wanted it done. Of course, the reason for the desire to get this furniture sooner rather than later is so I have a retreat away from him and don't have to sleep on the couch when he's drunk. That was getting old.

As far as DH goes. I haven't noticed him drinking since his initial relapse. Don't know if he still is but, this is key, I haven't been trying to figure it out by playing Miss Detective. He's been acting sober and in his right mind.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
God's Kid

Great stuff! Good on you. Someone has to take care of you.
And I've hung up my Miss Detective hat too...

Old 08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking for the silver lining

AWESOME! Great steps...doesn't feel empowering! You go! We are cheering you on!