Old 08-17-2008, 03:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - August 17 - Healing Thoughts

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Healing Thoughts

Think healing thoughts.

When you feel anger or resentment, ask God to help you feel it, learn from it, and then release it. Ask Him to bless those who you feel anger toward. Ask Him to bless you too.

When you feel fear, ask Him to take it from you. When you feel misery, force gratitude. When you feel deprived, know that there is enough.

When you feel ashamed, reassure yourself that who you are is okay. You are good enough.

When you doubt your timing or your present position in life, assure yourself that all is well; you are right where you're meant to be. Reassure yourself that others are too.

When you ponder the future, tell yourself that it will be good. When you look back at the past, relinquish regrets.

When you notice problems, affirm there will be a timely solution and a gift from the problem.

When you resist feelings or thoughts, practice acceptance. When you feel discomfort, know it will pass. When you identify a want or a need, tell yourself it will be met.

When you worry about those you love, ask God to protect and care for them. When you worry about yourself, ask Him to do the same.

When you think about others, think love. When you think about yourself, think love.

Then watch your thoughts transform reality.

Today, I will think healing thoughts.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 08-17-2008, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

When you doubt your timing or your present position in life, assure yourself that all is well; you are right where you're meant to be. Reassure yourself that others are too.
Until I read this today, I didn't realize how much of this I already do. It came with recovery and it helped me heal. Today it is almost automatic or instinctual, to take feelings that upset me and turn them over to God or to see the gift in even uncomfortable feelings.

It's how I survive each day, living in the light of happiness and blessings. My son has been missing for 4 years, on his own journey, and each morning I give him to God and ask that He take care of him, then live my day in faith that He will.

Another member here had a son who was missing 12 years. I asked her, once, how she got through it, how she lived well with her son gone for so many years. "I picture him on a lovely beach", was her reply, "and then leave him in God's hands."

She got a call from her son not long ago...and he was clean today....and living on a beach!

Giving our addicts to God, asking God to take our fear, our pain and our worry, is the only way I know to live a healthy life free from the despair and chaos I have known in the past.

Hugs
Old 08-17-2008, 06:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

Thanks Ann, You said a mouthful & I couldn't agree with you more.
Hugs,
Diane