Get away from me syndrome

Old 08-15-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Get away from me syndrome

I have really been letting myself get in a rut and I have not been a very nice person to be around.

I have been taking my own personal things that only I can change in me out on others. Before I would blame others for how I am feeling, but I now know and realize that I am to blame for how I am feeling. I need to want to get back to how I was a year ago, I need to take back my life and make the best out of it that I can.

I need to stop feeling depressed and used and taken advantage of, I need to grasp life again, and get off my arse and doing something to lift my spirits.

I need to get to the bottom of why I dont like me and why I am letting myself spiral back down to where I was a year ago. I have to figure out why I am all of a sudden feeling sorry for myself again.

I am lucky enough to realize that this is where I am at and lucky enough to realize that I am the one that has to get out of my rut and find happiness within myself. I have lost that sparkle, and am trying to find it again.

I was thinking to myself to take my camper this weekend and go away until Sunday, all by myself take a break from everything, do some journaling, just think for myself. Enjoy sitting in the middle of the woods with no one around and do some serious soul searching. Is this fair of me????

Is this fair to write a FYI, need a break, need to do some soul searching be back Sunday? (I will not be bringing my phone)

I would be leaving my 10 year old daughter (which her grandmother would take her) and my 15 year old son who would stay home and hang out with friends and my 19 year old is up north till Monday night.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

Absolutely!!! If you do some soul searching to improve yourself, all will benefit. Enjoy!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I would personally take my phone for emergencies and my own protection...but then I'm still a recovering codie. Just for your own safety...take your phone, you can always choose not to answer.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
hbb
Live, Laugh, Love

Not unfair at all! Go, relax, enjoy your time alone! Sounds great to me too!!

Old 08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sounds like a great idea to me. Taking time for yourself is a good and necessary thing IMO.

I would take the cell for emergencies though. But let it go to voice mail instead of answer it so I didn't get dragged into nonemergencies.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Freed from the anguish

Definitely go! I think I'm inspired and will do the same thing for myself soon (before weather gets too cold here).

And as for cell phones - as everyone's said, take it in case you are in an emergency and need to call someone for help. But that being said - TURN IT OFF when you pull out of the driveway - and ONLY TURN IT ON if you have to make an emergency call. Or at least turn off the ringer/vibe so it's completely silent and you can just check to see the missed calls list and only check VM if grandma calls.