Notices

Did anyone had ever had this?

Old 08-15-2008, 02:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I choose to live

Did anyone had ever had this?

Give me some booze..I will take a nip and leave the rest..Last weeks i really don't like booze nomore...I hate the taste of beer..I can't even take one can..All the other booze it's just the same..I don'ty like the taste of it and it seems to me i 've been drunk enough in my life that i don't like to drink nomore..Not even the sweetest drink..Very strange..It feels like a relief and hope it stays that way..I just don't like it anymore..Booze ain't only poison to me..It taste like poison too..In a way i don't believe people who say "a nice tasty beer" it's not tasty at all it's verry bitter and i don't like bitter..Anyhow i feel relieved and wanted to know if it happened also with some of you ..Love from Stefanie
Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think after a while it is our bodies way of letting us know that it just can't take the abuse anymore, hence we lose our taste for the booze. Like a built in survival mechanism. I think it's a blessing.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stef - That's wonderful. I wish I had that. I've always liked the taste of booze since I was a little kid: beer, brandy with hot milk for insomnia, pina coladas, margaritas. I agree it's a blessing - take it!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Enjoy the feeling. I took a long time to get to the point that alcohol makes no sense. I never liked beer but if that was all that was around I drank it. I now can't stand the thought of alcohol and I hope I stay that way.
Congratulations to you!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you, I'm going to adopt your thinking,"Booze ain't only poison to me..It taste like poison too"

Heavy
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Unfortunately I really like the taste of booze, but not enough to drink it.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, it began to taste that way to me, too! My last week of drinking I was making sweet martinis, but they all tasted soooo sour! I wouldn't even enjoy the taste of them, couldn't get drunk, just got sluggish and nauseous. I think my body really WAS trying to get that stuff out of my system!
Old 08-15-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree Stef, same here. After so long drinking my taste buds were either numbed or completely out of whack. Day 6 now and they're all springing back to life. The thought of booze makes me shudder, food taste great again, and I'm eating like a horse (gotta make up for those rocket fuel calories I'm not getting anymore). It's called getting back to normal
Old 08-15-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hate to say it Stef, but even after 3+ years of sobriety I'd still probably love the taste of an ice cold beer, a single malt scotch, a bourbon and coke, etc. etc. etc.

But I'm extremely grateful that the mental obsession has been lifted. More importantly than that, when I do think about how great a drink would taste, it only takes a moment to remember where that first drink would lead me. I never want to live that nightmare again.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stef great job. I love the taste of Michelob Ultra, White dry wines, dry champagne, Margaritas & Appletini's... Good thing is I can still make a fake margarita with Sour mix and water and ice salt the rim add some OJ and it takes just as good but. Love the taste not the drunk...
Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd noticed on my last few relapses the wine tasted bad, just nasty. And then I'd have that nasty taste in my mouth for days. Yuck! So now when I even think about drinking I remember how bad it tastes and how much worse it makes me feel!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I just hate the way it makes me feel about myself! I never liked beer or gin but if it was all that was around, I would have drank it. Now, not enough the finest pinot noir is going to turn my head
Old 08-15-2008, 11:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I have to ask-why are you even taking a 'nip' of it?

I can't even contemplate that.I lost the 'taste' for it a year ago.It was all about getting numb-I didn't give a crap what it tasted like-I just didn't want to feel.

I don't play with it or even consider anymore if it tasted good or bad.I just know that it will kill me if I let it.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I don't think I ever drank for the taste. I wanted the effect, the oblivion. I pretty much drank cheap white wine from Tupperware tumblers over ice. It was sensible. The tumbler didn't break when I knocked it over, the white wine didn't stain my teeth or the carpet too much. And the large size gave me fewer trips to the fridge and I could tell my doctor I was only drinking a few glasses, here and there.

I am a sick, little cat here!

Love,

Lenina
Old 08-16-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Adventures In SpaceTime

yeah!
great thread and great replies... man what a hypocrite i always was with booze... i both loved and hated the taste of anything alcohol...it didn't matter to me! LMFAO

Robby
Old 08-16-2008, 01:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Don't think I really liked the taste, latterly especially I was drinking mainly cheap vodka and downing it as quick as possible.

I'd down a half bottle in 5 mins then happily sit sipping coke or oj as the alcohol took effect, the drink was purely for effect not taste.