Chuckle for the day!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Chuckle for the day!

My MIL has been harping on me to keep telling my AH that if he goes into a treatment program before he goes to court for his second DUI that the judge will go leinient on him. I don't know if its factual or not. She said she has told him numerous times but he hasn't done it.

Anyway, AH was here visiting baby today and I mentioned what MIL told me. He got irritated and made this statement:

"OH yeah! So I go into a rehab program so people will think I am a full blown alcoholic?"

The guy is in such denial! I just looked at him and said YOU ARE! The guy would rather have the harshest punishments than to admit to the world he is an alcoholic!
Old 08-14-2008, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

How about this one:

"Just because I like to drink too much doesn't mean I'm an alcoholic!" (hear the slurring?)

Old 08-14-2008, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

For the longest time my xAH would say that he isn't an alcoholic because alcoholics are those dirty people living on the streets. {shrug} I wonder what he thinks now that he is one of those dirty guys living on the streets?
Old 08-14-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

All of it, so sad, but you have to laugh.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I work in a courthouse. We see the same "customers" over and over. People even show up for their DUI hearing drunk!

Anyway, one day I heard one of the defendants joking with one of the bailiffs. He said "Hey Ron, do you know the difference between a drunk and an alcoholic?" The bailiff says "What?" He says "Drunks don't have to go to those stupid meetings!"

I guess that explains why he's a repeat customer of the court.

L
Old 08-14-2008, 04:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

LOL, my ex tells me that I ruined his life for "making him" see a SA counselor (I asked him if he wanted to get help) because "now I have been labeled an alcoholic". I guess he wasn't one until then huh?