Mirror Imaging.......

Old 08-13-2008, 04:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mirror Imaging.......

What I mean by "he has to speak it" is that he has to speak it aloud to re-program what he has been telling himself while in using/active/addiction. It's like weight loss... it takes the same amount of time to lose the weight as it did to put on (then I think you times or divide it by the lesser or the more of the time??)... but do you get my point? It's not like... he can snap his fingers and be cured. You get knocked down and you get up again! Don't let it keep you down. How did AA fail him? So... being a victim to it and letting the opiate taking you down is the answer? Explain to me how that has worked for you thus far? ...... Riiiiiiiiight. So you try something new!!!! You are a risk taker... you like new things....... TRY this out.... call it an adventure!!!! Only thing is this........ you absolutely can NOT do oxy. That is not the adventure, even though it's calling your name and telling you that it REALLY REALLY is..... it REALLY WANTS TO TAKE CONTROL OVER YOU!

---------------------------------------------------------
I need to be giving myself this same advice:

What I mean by "she has to speak it" is that she has to speak it aloud to re-program what she has been telling herself while being in this relationship. It's like weight loss... it takes the same amount of time to lose the weight as it did to put on (then I think you times or divide it by the lesser or the more of the time??)... but do you get my point? It's not like... she can snap her fingers and be cured. You get knocked down and you get up again! Don't let it keep you down. How did letting go fail me? So... being a victim to it and letting this relationship take you down is the answer? Explain to me how that has worked for you thus far? ...... Riiiiiiiiight. So you try something new!!!! You are a risk taker... you like new things....... TRY this out.... call it an adventure!!!! Only thing is this........ you absolutely can NOT do this relationship! That is not the adventure, even though it's calling your name and telling you that it REALLY REALLY is..... it REALLY WANTS TO TAKE CONTROL OVER YOU!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
IPT

This is a crazy process is it not? I can relate to you a lot. In fact, when I struggled with being a codie or enabler what has helped me is to just think that I AM THE ADDICT and taking that action I want to is no different than my g/f giving in a smoking weed....

Sux for both of us really, addiciton that is (that we both seem to have)