I am really struggling with myself lately

Old 08-13-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am really struggling with myself lately

I feel like running away from my whole family!!

Except my two dogs that is, and of course my little kitten Talk about unconditional love, talk about loyal and cuddly, and are always happy to see you. They are just happy sitting at your side and just a pat on the head.

Do you know what would be good for me, if I was in the middle of the woods, surrounded by the things that make me the happiest. Quite, peace, serenity!

I am in my early 40's right now, and I think that I may be going through something myself and I am not taking care of me right now. I am always taking care of others. I have to keep telling myself that I am important, I matter too. I am not just a mom, a housewife, caretaker, maid, errand girl, and taxi cab driver or a an emotional punching bag for anyone or everyone who feels like unloading there garbage on me, including my kids, one who is 19, one who is 15 and the other who is 10. I have enough emotional crap that I am feeling right now, I just want to lock myself in my bedroom these last few days and not come out.

NOT GOOD, I do lock myself up with the dogs and the cat, cause they just lay there and give me kisses and hugs.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Been there! Still go there occaisonally This too shall pass...talked to my sister yesterday and told here that the testosterone (A, son 16, son 14)vacuum was sucking me dry. Wanted to run as far and as fast as I could. Take a few minutes, breathe deep and know it isn't going to be like this forever. I did realize that my issues all had a common denominator...ME! I needed to regroup and get stronger...I do each time. Keep posting for support and make those positive changes! You are not alone Cassey...take care of you!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know that I am the biggest problem that I need to work on and take care of. If I get strong and take care of me than I will have the strength to handle the rest.

Dam me for not taking care of me, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I just feel like I am slipping and I am in a slump, and I know that I am the only one that can get me out of it. I wish I was as good at yelling at myself to take care of me as I am at yelling and lecturing my kids, spouse and everyone else to take care of themselves.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know...easier said than done...Everyone who cared kept telling me to take care of me...I heard it every time they said it...just took a long time to put it into practice. I'm still having trouble with it, but deep down I know exactly what they meant ...how did you put it?..." if I take care of me I will be better able to handle the rest"!
Old 08-13-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cassey View Post
I wish I was as good at yelling at myself to take care of me as I am at yelling and lecturing my kids, spouse and everyone else to take care of themselves.
So sit yourself down and give yourself a good talking to! Seriously, it can help.

Its hard not to subsume yourself in the many roles you have. But you are a person in your own right. Keep telling yourself that until you believe it in your gut.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

We women wear many hats.......

every day and one of them should be that of Self Lover! I have felt this way this week- cried on the way to work- cried for my son leaving for college in 2 weeks ( I am avery excited - I just miss him already)! - cried for my sick parents-cried for my step daughter whose finacee was paralyzed--Basically just cried because I am so over whelmed!

What did I do to nourish me?
I went on a bike ride- I might have cried on that- walked my greyhound- he knows I am nuts and just kisses me ( love that damn dog) and then got in the hot tub. Take some time to love yourself. My AH is so self absorbed- I think if I had fallen and couldn't get up he would walk over me and then get pissed he had to pick up his leg so high. REALLY! We need to learn to take care of ourselves- rely on girlfriends or whatever gives you strength. I worry that if I don't chill and take care of me I might get sick too and then what will happen? Nourish your mind and your spirit and your body- Take extra vitamins, B12 and B6 do wonders for me. Get a massage- get your nails done- go to the movies alone or with someone who is nice ( in my case just not my AH)! Know that you were you before you beccame all these other things like Mom and taxi woman and caretaker! You still are you- you have just taken on more facets of you! It's a great life! Much peace! Would someone please give me this talk- God knows I need it !
Old 08-13-2008, 08:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I recently hired a personal trainer for like 5 weeks one time per week.
She gave me home work, the kinds of things you would expect from a personal trainer, do cardio 3 times per week, do intervals 2 times per week, wt train upper body one time per week.... etc then and she said every day do something for your self. I didn't expect that. When I went back in a week, I expected to have her ask how much wt I lifted but instead she asked me what I had done for myself. She seemed to know that that was the hard part of the home work for me.
I will do for others until there is no me left. I will sometimes get to the point that I couldn't answer if someone asked "what do I want to do" My focus gets so on others that there is no me.
It is the struggle of the codie. :ghug3