Notices

new

Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new

hi everyone. i just wanted to post to introduce myself. i am an alcoholic/drug addict and i've offically been sober for one day. i wish i could say that i was proud of myself but i'm gritting my teeth and fighting the shakes more than anything. i've never been sober a day in my adult life--i'm 30. well, unless you want to count the year i spent in prison. anyways my drugs of choice are marijuana and cocaine and over the last year and a half i've developed a love affair with Jose Quervo. i've been going hard doing a fifth--or more-- a day. i'm in the middle of a nasty divorce, just got my car repossesed, got evicted from my apt, filed for bankruptcy and now live with my revovering alcoholic mother....what a cliche, right? i 'm just here looking for whatever hope and wisdom anyone has to spare.and i pass.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Ambush. Good to see you here and giving it a go.

I used this site and AA to recover and my drinking problem has left me.

If you sometimes, often or always drink more than you intended once you start drinking or if you can't stop when you honesty want to stop, you may have a problem with drinking that you need help with.

There's lots of good reading on this site to keep you occupied during these hard times.

My thoughts are with you.

Steph
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey ambush!

You made the first right choice your reaching out for help! Its hard to beat addiction without support. Its alot of emotional and physical torture to put yourself through but it is truly worth it.

You have come to a great place to get good advice and to find alot of people who will be able to relate to you. For now you need to focus on each day as a new challenge to stay sober and find all your inner strength to do it.

I'm sorry to hear about your hardships you have recently gone through and making this choice to quit abusing drugs/alcohol is the first step to recovery. Keep yourself busy doing new non-alcohol/drug activities and focus on yourself and staying as positive as you can.

Keep posting and coming back as well

Best wishes,
Bruce
Old 08-13-2008, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lots of good advice here - all I can add is a welcome!

D
Old 08-13-2008, 03:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Ambush..................

You have made the first step.

Conradulations!!!!
Do, you have any meeting in your area?

Please come and share where you are at today.

Stay strong.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Ambush. I am only on 4 days, but have found this site to be very supportive. There's comfort in knowing you're not alone.

Keep coming back!

txsar
Old 08-13-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Welcome...!

The road to clean & sober can be long & difficult, but VERY much worth the trek.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the site Ambush! Congratulations on your first day sober! Lots of support and good advice here. Keep coming back!

Old 08-13-2008, 06:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Welcome Ambush to SR! Glad that you found us and decided to reach out! There is a lot of support here-Please check out our other forums-"Alcoholism" and "Substance abuse" also the stickies at the top of the page as there is a wealth of information at your finger tips!

Please keep posting!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hi Ambush

I'm new here myself so I can't say much at this point... but I will say Welcome and hang in there. Good for you for Day 1.