We are each gifted . . .

Old 08-12-2008, 05:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

We are each gifted . . .

This is the daily reading (August 12) from Hazelden -
Praying that each of you know how special you are to the world!
HUGS,
Rita

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and adventure to discover our own special light.
-- Mary Dunbar

All of us are gifted. Every person has a gift that can bring great joy and light to those who encounter it. Our task is to stand in the sun and create a climate that will develop and nurture our gift.

Sometimes we are afraid to let ourselves believe we have anything special to offer or contribute to the world. We think of ourselves as plain and untalented, with no gifts or special potential. But if we believe we are limited, we act in a limited way. We take few risks and follow few paths that might develop our special talents and gifts.

In recovery we are learning to love ourselves and trust ourselves in a whole new way. Now anything is possible. To fully believe in our talents, we need only step from the darkness into the sun. We will take this first step, trust enough, and start believing that; yes, we do have special gifts.

Today let me be aware of my deep and unfilled desires, dreams, and wishes, which is the first step on the way to accepting our gifts.

You are reading from the book:

Body, Mind, and Spirit by Anonymous
Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks for sharing this, Rita! I remember at time when I was so squashed down by the disease that I really didn't believe I had anything to worthwhile to share with the world. I had given so much power to my A - he dominated my thoughts, my actions, my feelings, my life! I got to that place where I didnt really have an identity separate from him.

One of the greatest things I learned in recovery was how to disentangle myself from him - how to find my own unique likes and dislikes, talents and gifts.

Today, I can appreciate and share those unique things that make me ME.

Cats