well, I'll be darned

Old 08-10-2008, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy well, I'll be darned

I heard from AD. She called while I was working today. Asked where the kids were. Ha. Wonder where she thought they were. I sold them!!!!!Ha. She wanted to talk to them. I told her that I didn't think that was a good idea, since they cry almost everynite asking for Mommy and Daddy. And if they talked to her that would make it hard for them. She said it was hard on her too. My reply was well you could do something to change all this, the kids can't. She said she had alot of stress on her right now and she missed the kids. I told her that if she had done the right thing and served her 45 days she would be home with kids right now. It would be over. Now she had alot longer away from them and she is only drawing it out more. She wanted to know when would it be a good time to talk to kids. I said maybe this evening, of course she never called back.
The "other" (?) grandmother and aunt pick up kids for the afternoon. Kept them exactly 2 hours. When they brought them back, little Trey screamed and cried after them. It broke my heart. They don't want to be bothered, but he wants them so bad. My heart breaks for these babies and I am so angry at all the other people who don't give a d=mn. No one else cares if they have what they need or what they need. Live their lives like no one else matters.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

I'm so sorry the kids are going through this. When I was in active addiction I was away from my home for 7 days. I visited with my kids abut 4 days out of that week. The last time, my 7 year old cried and held on to me for dear life. I couldn't take it and that was when I decided "enough". I guess it takes more than that for some people. Again, I'm sorry.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

Oh Painter I too am so sorry for you & your grandbabbies.
Know you & yours are in my thoughts & prayers,
Diane
Old 08-11-2008, 02:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's the babies that make my heart hurt, they are the innocents in all this.

Painter these children are so blessed to have you and your love. Prayers go out for all of you.

Hugs
Old 08-11-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Painter,

I'm so sorry you are going through this. And I'm sorry that all those other people just don't seem to care. But as my sponsor tells me all the time, "It is what it is."

I can go to concentrating on all those other folks out there and how aggravated I am with them, how irresponsible they are being, how selfish they are, and on and on and on. And I have to admit I still do that sometimes, and when I do it I am so miserable because the anger at them just consumes me. And before I know it, my insides are in knots.

I understand your hurt and frustration. Oh, anyone would feel the same. I just know when I get in situations that steal my peace and serenity, I just have to refocus and let it go.

The sad fact of life is that not everyone is going to do what they are supposed to do or do what I want them to. So it's up to me to get my focus back on me and see what I can do to get myself out of the hole I let myself slip into.

Prayers for you and your family, painter. Your grandkids are SO blessed to have you and you are giving yourself and them a big gift by working on your recovery. Keep at it, Painter. You're doing good.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
P.S. Thanks for posting this. It's made me think about what I continually need to work on!
Old 08-11-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

prayers for you, your daughter, and the babies. It is so hard to see a child hurt. They are in good hands!
susan
Old 08-11-2008, 09:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hug those little ones for me. They are the innocent victims in this whole drama.

I am so glad they have you to love them and give them stability. I can't imagine how tough it is for your physically - I get worn out in a few hours with little children.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler

Old 08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I'm so sorry, why do these children have to go through this. I wish the best for you and the kids. You're a wonderful grandmother.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Painter)))

Big hugs and prayers to you all.

Amy
Old 08-11-2008, 09:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

((((((((Painter))))))))))))
Sending some support during these difficult times.
Thankfully you are just the grandma these kids need right now.

This too shall pass
Old 08-11-2008, 05:36 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
BBD

Hey painter~~~IN the years to come you will get back twofold what your doing for those sweet lil grandbabies of yours. Wishing you well and only wish I lived closer~~~I'd help you out. Big hugs to you and yours, Bonnie