Notices

Nowhere else to turn.........

Old 08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Nowhere else to turn.........

Hey all, its been a long time since I have been here. I have been so self absorbed and lonely. Insurance doesnt pay for counseling, so I guess this is where I need to start asking for help living my life without drugs. Pain killers, benzo's, marijuana, and cocaine are my doc's.

I am a wife and mother who has been lost for many years, and cant let go of my dysfuctional childhood, so I can take care of myself and my family. I have fibromyalgia, and many injuries from a car accident, so pain is a daily struggle.

My biggest weakness is being so darn self absorbed. everything is about me me me. I cant live like this anymore. any suggestions would be appreciated.

thanks
tangerine
Old 08-10-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Most if not all addicts are self absorbed.
Meetings are free.
I have found that opening up to people like me is very therapeutic. And free as well.
Welcome back.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tangerine,

Welcome!

I held onto the pain from my childhood for a very long time too. And, all it did was to prevent me from living my life. You can begin to move forward by starting to really love yourself.

I also have fibromyalgia and the chronic pain was one of the things that led me to self-medicate with alcohol. For me, life is so very much better now. You can find lots of support here.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:51 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm so glad you made it back. We had become friends and all of a sudden you disappeared. I've had some trouble with my address book in my email so I couldn't get in touch with you. As soon as I submit this, I'm gonna send you a PM with my email address again, just in case you lost it.

I just celebrated 3 years a few weeks ago and we share a great deal of issues so if this dope fiend can do it, you can too! Like Chiy said, meetings are free and to be honest with you, I have found more answers, hope, suggestions, people who relate, understanding, . . . in NA/AA than I did in counseling.

Stick around, Keep it Simple, One Day at A Time and count the Blessings that you have, not the one's you don't.

Love ya girl,
Judy
Old 08-10-2008, 12:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I have issues getting close to people, thats when I disapear.....and get on the pity pot. Im tired of it. I cant live like this anymore. I feel like I need to be parented all over again.

Off to a dinner, thanks again, Im really overwhelmed right now, seems like I cant get any words or feelings out.

tangerine
Old 08-10-2008, 12:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Maybe do some service work at an NA/AA homegroup.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're doing great just by reaching out again! Keep on the forums, re-commit yourself continuously to sobriety...go to some meetings if you can...you CAN get through this! Sounds like you have some really good friends here already!