If you don't believe in a HP, here's proof

Old 08-08-2008, 05:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
God's Kid

If you don't believe in a HP, here's proof

I shared on here a few weeks ago that someone I sponsor had left her A, taken her kids and gone to a womans shelter but after a week in the shelter, she went back and her A's 'best behaviour' lasted less than a week, before she left again (with the kids) and went back to the shelter.

She has been gone this time nearly two weeks and has been to see a lawyer and got the legal ball rolling regarding custody of the kids etc... and has started looking for a place of her own to rent.

So on Wednesday morning she rang this letting place early and got the shock of her life when she found the person who answered her phone, was a nurse who attended to her when she had an operation a few years back, while she was living in an entirely diff part of the country. Of course when the lady asks how she and her kids are she breaks down and cries and tells her what has been happening.

After getting her to calm down, the woman gives her details of places she has avail to rent and tells her to come in later the in afternoon after going and looking at them from the outside.

By the time the afternoon rolls around, the kids are fightening, they've been driving round all day, she's rang one of the landlords of the properties and had an argument with them (as you do when you're stressed), and she said she was at her wits end when she finally gets to the letting place to met this woman.

So she goes in, they hug and the lady says lets go, I want you to follow me.

And so my sponsee follows her through town to a camping ground and it turns out this lovely woman has rented her and the kids a lovely little cabin by a lake for the night and has also arranged for them to have a late check out and she then she sends them back into town to a resturant to have dinner, where she has arranged with the manager that she'll pick up the bill.

I tell you, even I felt like crying as she told me this story - on here I read so about so much pain and despair, and I wanted to let everyone know there is always hope - god/hp has us all in hand.

:ghug2
Old 08-08-2008, 05:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

Wow, thank you for sharing that. That is a beautiful examle of a HP taking care of those that take care of themselves.
Old 08-08-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A wonderful example of God working through people. Thanks for this.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ditto for me!
Been working on my Step 3, so I needed to read that today!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is incredible! What a blessing!
Old 08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Freed from the anguish

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful story. I'm so in the thick of trying to figure out my future and my next step with my AH, hearing that there really are people out there who care about me (us codies of A's) gives me hope that I SO need every day. So glad you shared.